Excuse my ignorace, 6.0 solution kits?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Who is making the best kit. I had a job dropped on my lap, trying to help a friend out. Been researching how to do the job, feel pretty confident on doing the head gasket job by pulling the motor.

My question is who's kit should I buy, are there any out there that are better or just pretty much pick a shop and go with it?
Rudys diesel has this:
http://www.rudysdiesel.com/_e/EGR_D...y_s_Diesel_6_0_Powerstroke_Total_Solution.htm

MKMcustoms has this:
http://www.mkmcustoms.com/60powerstrokesolution.aspx

Cobbs has a kit (yes ive heard all the problems in the past)

Who else has a kit?? Im looking for the whole delete/problem solver and id like everything I need to come all at once, which is why im looking for a kit!

Last question: what dowel pin size is a 2005?

THanks a lot guys, please point me in the right direction if I just looked past all the threads similar to this one. I thought i tried the search but it wasnt all that helpful

lubeowner

Reaction score
2005 was a toss up depending on the build date if it had 18 or 20.

All the 05s that came through my shop always had 18s..
All 05 are 18mm. Late 06 and 07 are 20mm. Look at the turbo oil feed line. Solid lines have the 20mm, ones with a flex piece in them are 18mm.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
All 05 are 18mm. Late 06 and 07 are 20mm. Look at the turbo oil feed line. Solid lines have the 20mm, ones with a flex piece in them are 18mm.

not always the case. that solid line was a update. ive seen those solid lines on all years except 03 with the quick connect fitting.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Do you have the ability to lift the cab? Pulling the engine is a lot of work

I have a tractor and an engine hoist. Im sure i could manage to get the cab up enough, but i would be worried about scratching or dinging it.

Pulling the motor i know I can do in a day. This is a buddies truck, so how long it takes or how many hours im into it doesnt really matter. I gave him a set price and im just going to take the motor out and do it correctly the way i feel most comfortable with

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Talked with JD today, we will be going with the OEM gaskets as soon as my guy calls me back. Going to pick the truck up tomorrow morning early and start the tear down, hopefully we've got the motor out tomorrow afternoon and the heads pulled!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.