Excuse my ignorace, 6.0 solution kits?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
:whs: give it some good real long cranks my old 6.0 killed the batts cranking when we threw new injectors in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I dont think i need to keep cranking, it builds about 350psi of ICP and sits there. Guessing its leaking past something at that point.

JD, this kit you sent me has stand pipes for an 03 in it. I didnt even know what they were until i spoke to someone tonight about it. Thinking I may need to change out the stand pipes on this thing. That could be where I am getting the leak down not letting me build the necessary 500 or so PSI.

I am giving it a break for the evening though, starter was feeling pretty warm. Anyone else have any suggestions other than changing out the stand pipes?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Changed out the stand pipes and dumby plugs.

Went back to cranking on it and the first time i cranked it built slowly back up to 330-350psi and would not build past that. Could it be that 350psi is where its going to sit at until its finally pushed enough stuff out of the system to fire off?

I am lost as to where i should look next.

I didnt mess with the IPR or the HPOP during this process

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Should the tachometer in the truck be registering anything while cranking? I get nothing

Make sure the cam and crank sensors are plugged in. If i remember correctly icp will default to 350 psi when cam or crank sensor signal isnt present. The tach should register.

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Can anyone verify that it will default to 350 when one of those sensors goes bad? Im in the process of removing the crank position sensor as we speak, its loose to the touch even with the bolt tightened up

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
If you've got ae make sure your seeing that the cam, and crank sensors are syncing. You should see a little fluctuation in the tach while cranking. Atleast the needle bouncing around.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I was getting no signal at all. realized the crank sensor is broken off, must of happened in transport because the truck ran fine when it came.

How do i check they are syncd?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks Kyle!

I changed it... now im getting a tach signal, the ICP is up around 1000-1200 and the truck wants to fire, black/grey smoke coming from the exhaust and its chugging and what not.

On 7.3s once they have fuel and oil there, they start.

I havent cranked on it a lot but a couple times with all the smoke and chugging i let it sit for a bit, should i be seeing black/grey from the exhaust pipe?

Reaction score
th_ecec81b1.jpg

Jhaddox

Reaction score
That's exactly what dannys did...get a pm to Jason at gracing and see if he can point you in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks Kyle!

I changed it... now im getting a tach signal, the ICP is up around 1000-1200 and the truck wants to fire, black/grey smoke coming from the exhaust and its chugging and what not.

On 7.3s once they have fuel and oil there, they start.

I havent cranked on it a lot but a couple times with all the smoke and chugging i let it sit for a bit, should i be seeing black/grey from the exhaust pipe?

good deal man. glad it worked out!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.