F1c

HiVoltage

Reaction score
Thats the one you dont want to have to change! Is it slipping at higher RPM?

Well it busted before we could run it long enough to determine, but it didn't feel like it was slipping. All looked good when we were giving er throttle in park and watching everything. Was acting real nice the first ten miles warming it up and doing some half throttle runs.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not exactly sure, best guess is the belt might have been a little tight. Doesn't appear to have any other damage besides it snapping in half.
:shrug:
Any educated guesses are welcome.

my 6.4 did the same thing once, was after i got the dual fuelers fixed and i thought it was overloading the 8 rib belt basically, after that i kinda determined that it might need to be on a cogged set up but it never broke the belt again... so i dk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
maybe there is a driving curve that goes with it where you dont let out too fast and try to basically stop the belt while the blower is still turning, not sure on that entirely as i cant totally remember what i was doing when the belt broke

HiVoltage

Reaction score
maybe there is a driving curve that goes with it where you dont let out too fast and try to basically stop the belt while the blower is still turning, not sure on that entirely as i cant totally remember what i was doing when the belt broke
Was still rolling into it when it broke, boost was still on the way up.:shrug:

imelmo

Reaction score
Not exactly sure, best guess is the belt might have been a little tight. Doesn't appear to have any other damage besides it snapping in half.
:shrug:
Any educated guesses are welcome.

I can only think of one time I had a belt break on me. I switched to the Gates green belts and never had an issue again.

02BigD

Reaction score
Just a suggestion. Make sure and put a metal connector of some sort at the boot between the intake elbow and the intercooler pipe. Mine blew off there and put a nice dent in my hood. LOL

Not only is it dented, it cracked the dang paint.

Hi voltage, good thread.. How many RPM's were you at when the belt went? Are you looking at boost between the charger and turbo?

HiVoltage

Reaction score
Probably around 2 grand. Pressures are read from procharger
and at the intake elbow 15-20, 20-30, 30-50, close as I can
remember.

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Replace and double check belt alignment. Have somebody watch belt alignment with truck in drive with light brake torque.

HiVoltage

Reaction score
Finished product! 041.jpg

040.jpg

047.JPG

043.jpg

Testing and videos to follow.

Kbryant777

Reaction score
Sweet looking set up. Can't wait to get another 6.0, gonna either go big single or empty the bank account and go big single and procharger. How well would F1 procharger and 475 or 480 match up?

HiVoltage

Reaction score
Sick. where did you order the kit?

Got the "Kit" from Empire. Thedieselshopllc are the ones who did all the fabbing to make the "Kit" work. Basically this kit came with the F1c,mounting bracket, up-pipes, PT7175 "GT42 STYLE" turbo, new serpentine belt. All the piping was done by thedieselshop, along with many other modifications to make everything work. That's why there's a new Powerstroke badge on the shroud047.JPG

Latest posts

Members online