Famous 6.7 tick after oil change

12stroker

Reaction score
mine did it at idle. doesn't do it anymore but then again i haven't changed my oil again. i got my company trucks oil changed yesterday with Valvoline and no tick thanks for the info Sak.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
mine did it at idle. doesn't do it anymore but then again i haven't changed my oil again. i got my company trucks oil changed yesterday with Valvoline and no tick thanks for the info Sak.

meaning the valvoline is helping? i was gonna do royal purple. mine should be due for its first change next year.

12stroker

Reaction score
yeah it helped it didn't have the tick after the oil change. I have almost 153K on my company truck we used to put royal purple, castrol, and ford synthetic always trying to lose the tick and its finally gone.
On our 550 has royal purple and doesn't have a tick so idk what is causing it.

BlueOx

Reaction score
Been running valvoline extreme 5w40 since mile 1 and no ticking noise. Going on 3rd oil change.

This is good to know!! I'll be issuing this on my next oil change! If anybody sees any sales on that oil post it up!

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Chris.v

Reaction score
For those that are ticking does the oil that your using cj4 rated?

Chris

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
So other oils cause sepage ? Where does the oil come from?
fossil oils must be intrusive on gaskets and seals do to the solvency added to "absorb" carbons. CCV plays a role also.
it is amazing seeing these cars and trucks every oil change and to notice how dry and clean they stay.
I have been using this oil since 2000, it keeps impressing thru the years. I am glad to see it has become readily available and that people do not need to special order it from a speed shop anymore!
the same customer had a 7.3 previously and used the same oil, it has absolutely no blow by and the injectors still buzz and test out like a truck with less than 80K @ 300,000 miles. it is clean and dry, the valve covers have never been off. the original trans lasted 270K with MAX ATF
(he pulls 5 tons daily)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
stupid question, when are you gus doing your first oil changes? i figured it would be best to do it early because of engine assembly lube, but doesnt seem like people do early changes.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
IMG950439_zpsf16d75f8.jpg

mileage is awesome also

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
RP in the engine and axles, 4oz of X-1R in the trans, 1oz X-1R in the power steering, cold air, (deleted and tuned @ 107,000)
"claims 3mpg gain (16) towing and 1mpg gain easy driving"
he has all the documentation to back up the claims including every fuel receipt since it was new

Latest posts

Members online