Fastest truck with S&B

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
:blah::blah::blah:

Ummm... I am not sure what you are referring to?

Is it the part where most everyone degrees that 2000 egts is too high for that setup?

Or Is it the part where I took a mismatched turbo/injector combo and implied that 1700 degrees to be a fairly hot and smokey setup (from personal experience)... and if his was running clean then he should not be seeing egt numbers that high.

Or was it the part where I talked about an 11 blade wheel not making his egts run 400-600 degrees hotter than it should? How could I have any experience with that... other than the fact that I have done many back to back tests with MANY different wheels (6x6, 7x7, 11 blade, 10 blade, etc). Some on the dyno and some just datalogging... none of them made that big of a difference in egts?

Or was it the fact that you tried to make a pointless jab about a setup that you know nothing about and have never tried. Where on the other hand I have put countless hours into datalogging, testing SCT tunes, test FICM tunes, and even writing my own SCT tunes.

If you have a problem with me then call me. You have my personal cell number. I have been there for you many times whenever you have asked and I have never tried to sell you anything before? I am not sure where this douche bag attitude is coming from. Quit following me around on the forums and making pointless jabs at me.

:doh:

I think a guy who builds turbos would know a little more...just saying...We run a race truck with 240cc injectors with a stock turbo...hows that one? Haven't had a problem yet with it being to hot to cause damage. This is the truck that won the NHRDA world finals in the Sportsman Class. Might I add that it has 250k miles? KC knows his stuff as well. Shouldn't be a bashful post, just know your stuff before you go and jab somebody else...:poke:

swinky

Reaction score
Which is 99% of the consumer market for them and most others, that's my only point on it. If you stray off of stockish set up yes you may need more flow than whats offered by the masses. But in his particular case I don't think the intake is the issue.
A stock intake flows enough for tune only....

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
A stock intake flows enough for tune only....

I'm referring to small injector upgrades, powermax and so on, a S&B is still plenty capable of handling that.

You also have to keep in mind large companies who are mass producing these have to meet 50 state compliance. And I know a lot of you don't understand what all goes into that but it's pretty confining. They basically will only allow you to deviate so much from the factory design before they say you've changed so much that it is most likely negativity effecting emissions out put.

That only gives them so much they can do to improve upon. Guys with huge injectors, compound or even large singles are not in their market share, and so few and far between not worth the R&D and tooling cost. That's where you have guys like Mike and Steve step in and make something more suitable for those applications.

sootie

Reaction score
should be an honest reading then...swap pyros maybe??

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Swink, pull it out and test it in the oven or something to see if it's reading correct. Use a thermometer to check the oven to make sure it's the temp you set it at

swinky

Reaction score
Swink, pull it out and test it in the oven or something to see if it's reading correct. Use a thermometer to check the oven to make sure it's the temp you set it at
And how do I do that? Bring one of my batterys inside?

We have a meter on the boat for calibrating the pyros on the mains. I'm gonna see if I can use it this weekend.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
And how do I do that? Bring one of my batterys inside?

We have a meter on the boat for calibrating the pyros on the mains. I'm gonna see if I can use it this weekend.

You've never brought a battery in the house before?

That sounds easier if you can get it for a few days

2wd-fire

Reaction score
I had 205/100 and a box stock 366 and wot from a dig would hit 1400ish max and ran 87 mph in the 1/8 but my truck was light

Sent from my iPhone using Ta