Fastest truck with S&B

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I'm just Hoping the no limit will cool my egts down. I hit 2000 the other day.

2000 egts :wtf:

Are you sure the pyro is working right?
Are you still running your 190/75s and s366?

That sounds WAY too high for your turbo/injector combo. You might have something else wrong (leak, tuning, etc)

I love my no limit intake. Well worth the money. Only downside I see is that it is much louder. Some people love that and some people hate that.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Stupid 11 blade wheel is hurting me.

I highly doubt it is just because of an 11 blade wheel... that seems like 400-600 degrees too high for your setup??? A crappy wheel would not be that hot.

I ran a 63.5mm stage 1.5 vgt turbo with 285/75s and twin pumps and I could not get anywhere near 2000egts. Maybe 1600-1700 if I pushed it really hard. And that was in 100 degree outs temps

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Why the hell does S&B even make the stupid intake. It's good for maybe 50hp more than the stocker.

Not sure if serious or......... However I don't know anyone that would scoff at 50HP ( probably a tad generous ) for 299.00 but that's me.

I'm just Hoping the no limit will cool my egts down. I hit 2000 the other day.

If your hitting 2000* EGT you got other issues besides an intake. And not cleaning your filter for over a year isn't doing you any favors either.

swinky

Reaction score
Not sure if serious or......... However I don't know anyone that would scoff at 50HP ( probably a tad generous ) for 299.00 but that's me.

If your hitting 2000* EGT you got other issues besides an intake. And not cleaning your filter for over a year isn't doing you any favors either.
It will flow enough for an engine that makes 50 more hp.

Hell my pyro might be off. It doesn't smoke bad.

swinky

Reaction score
I highly doubt it is just because of an 11 blade wheel... that seems like 400-600 degrees too high for your setup??? A crappy wheel would not be that hot.

I ran a 63.5mm stage 1.5 vgt turbo with 285/75s and twin pumps and I could not get anywhere near 2000egts. Maybe 1600-1700 if I pushed it really hard. And that was in 100 degree outs temps
It could be the pyro. It does read a touch higher than air temp after the truck sits over night.

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
go to AFE.com and build ur own filter, u can build a massive filter. u may have a boos leak. U NEED A GATE, put a lil joose in hot side pipe to cool it off

KC turbos, I can assure u , u were not running a 2.4 -2.6 PW tune with ur 63.5 turbo, no way possible, to have egt IN CHECK

VGT do not flow well enough for that

KCTurbos

Reaction score
go to AFE.com and build ur own filter, u can build a massive filter. u may have a boos leak. U NEED A GATE, put a lil joose in hot side pipe to cool it off

KC turbos, I can assure u , u were not running a 2.4 -2.6 PW tune with ur 63.5 turbo, no way possible, to have egt IN CHECK

VGT do not flow well enough for that

LOL... I assure you that I know my tunes, I know how to read a monitor, and I know how to read a pyrometer.

I also would not consider 1700 degrees to be in check :morons: I gave the example as a frame of reference to show high egts. Weird how you seem to follow me around recently trying to make weird jabs at vgt turbos??? :doh: And then call me a hater???

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
LOL... I assure you that I know my tunes, I know how to read a monitor, and I know how to read a pyrometer.

I also would not consider 1700 degrees to be in check :morons: I gave the example as a frame of reference to show high egts. Weird how you seem to follow me around recently trying to make weird jabs at vgt turbos??? :doh: And then call me a hater???

u THINK u know more than u do :rockon:

KCTurbos

Reaction score
u THINK u know more than u do :rockon:

:blah::blah::blah:

Ummm... I am not sure what you are referring to?

Is it the part where most everyone degrees that 2000 egts is too high for that setup?

Or Is it the part where I took a mismatched turbo/injector combo and implied that 1700 degrees to be a fairly hot and smokey setup (from personal experience)... and if his was running clean then he should not be seeing egt numbers that high.

Or was it the part where I talked about an 11 blade wheel not making his egts run 400-600 degrees hotter than it should? How could I have any experience with that... other than the fact that I have done many back to back tests with MANY different wheels (6x6, 7x7, 11 blade, 10 blade, etc). Some on the dyno and some just datalogging... none of them made that big of a difference in egts?

Or was it the fact that you tried to make a pointless jab about a setup that you know nothing about and have never tried. Where on the other hand I have put countless hours into datalogging, testing SCT tunes, test FICM tunes, and even writing my own SCT tunes.

If you have a problem with me then call me. You have my personal cell number. I have been there for you many times whenever you have asked and I have never tried to sell you anything before? I am not sure where this douche bag attitude is coming from. Quit following me around on the forums and making pointless jabs at me.

:doh:

Reaction score
I've got the latest version of the S&B on my truck, didn't flow for **** with the lid on. Even now I think a ghetto rigged 6637 filter would flow more that it does. I'd be ordering a no limit but I've got an S480 waiting to go on it.

blcsmok

Reaction score
Best way to test the filter is to base line the truck on the dyno take the filter off and run it, if it's designed correctly there shouldn't be a drop in power.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm sure they do, but they're building intakes to deal with tuners and exhausts. And for those applications they work awesome.

Which is 99% of the consumer market for them and most others, that's my only point on it. If you stray off of stockish set up yes you may need more flow than whats offered by the masses. But in his particular case I don't think the intake is the issue.