Reaction score
so you finally diagnosed the issue? or still just blindly hoping

I pulled mine apart and it was mint

I had most of the symptoms you did and it was just a failing lift pump
put in a new a1000 and its back to being a rocket

You really don't get it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm not going to debate the pump with you mj. I hope yours works forever. End of story.

I'm gonna see how David N likes his duals and go from there.

TyCorr

Reaction score
One more thing to add, lol, I always wanted to try a set of 238/80 with my mods. Irate fuel system, srp1.1, and billet 38r. Who knows, if I don't get these 250/200 dialed I might try them. I doubt it though :)

bruce

Reaction score
One more thing to add, lol, I always wanted to try a set of 238/80 with my mods. Irate fuel system, srp1.1, and billet 38r. Who knows, if I don't get these 250/200 dialed I might try them. I doubt it though :)

Somedays I think about goin with that set up if I could find a good deal on used parts, but most days I'm content movin on to a new platform

ja_cain

Reaction score

Long term, this is what I am shooting for. I just can't decide if I want to go with a Bell turbo (BASB) or the 38r.

Reaction score
Based off just numbers, the BASB would be better I would think, The BASB moves somewhere in the neighborhood of 1350 cfm, whereas the 38r is around 1050 cfm. Both have close max boost recommendations with the BASB being slightly higher at 45psi... I'm not sure yet which spools better, should have a pretty fair comparison here soon (hopefully this weekend) once I get the 38r into the 02,

Reaction score
Also to add, I know on mine (basb) the boost to drive pressure ratio is actually slightly better than 1:1hence the easy egt management while towing, if I'm reading 35psi boost, than it's reading 33-34 psi drive. And that's measuring boost post intercooler, which means it's actually a little more efficient than that... And this is definitely better thAn my ratios with previous turbo

smoker00

Reaction score
My favorite was 250\200s modded h2e adrenalin twin stock pumps ITP RR live tuned this was quite a few years ago..
But it had good power... Ran good ...pulled good...it was just a really nice DD setup...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No performance what so ever really, but I am super happy with my truck. If and when it's time for injectors it's going to be such a hard decision on what to do, I've had such great luck with factory.

Like I said nothing really power making...

GTP38R
RIFFRAFF FRX
BEANS TUNES
DRIVEN PRE PUMP
stock oil.

I'm sure many of you started out here. But going with a better injector, is the power really worth it? I strive for reliability and nothing but a stock hpop will ever be in this truck
thats prolly what I would do too..

Thanks for the info. I should give a bit mor info on the truck as it sits. Right now it's got a PMR engine with good compression on 7/8 cylinders. There's a BTS in it and it's got exhaust, intake, gauges, and a 6 position from Beans. Few other little things like intake air heater delete, etc. I have a forged engine to go in and got some intake plenums to go on.
My current train of thought is
250/200s, 468, HBjr, Driven Diesel RR with fuel bowl delete, and maybe some headers.
Just looking to finalize my plans. I'd like to be around 500-550 hp, and more is even better, but really, this truck is a beater and if it can fry the tires on demand, I'll be happy.
Long term pipe dream is that the engine will eventually find its way in my '79 Bronco.
Carry on with your thoughts everyone? Am I out to lunch? Or on the right course. LMK.

thats a pretty good setup right there if those are your goals!! and id kill for a 7.3 in a bronco!

live life full throttle

taterthedog

Reaction score
id kill for a 7.3 in a bronco!

This is the Bronco, putting in a 400 for now.
yry4a5et.jpg

taterthedog

Reaction score
Worn out 351M in it now. Got a donor truck with a fairly new stock 400 in it. It's the next project on the list.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Worn out 351M in it now. Got a donor truck with a fairly new stock 400 in it. It's the next project on the list.
nice.. I had one of those worn out 351m's too.. lol... then had the 400 worked over a lil bit... .060 over bore, 3 angle grind on the heads, edelbrock performer intake, 650 holy, msd, and long tube headers... that bich would get with it really well.. save that 351. the block and heads are identical to the 400.. just in case you need them...

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Pssshhhh. My 77 ferd had a 390 with a 3 spd. It was rolling on 39s. It would get about 2 gallons to the mile....

TyCorr

Reaction score
lol.. pretty much the same boat if I even thought of crackin into the secondary shot....

live life full throttle

This was that bad all the time. 4.88 gears. It was in the sweet spot cruising down the highway but literally zero efficiency. I had dual carbs on it initially and it didn't change the mileage much unless it was pinned to the floor. With a 3 spd manual it was not a real great setup. It was awesome in sand dunes. Not to get too far off the trail here but that is why I had mickey Thompson baja belted radials on my 00 at one point. Taking that thing to the dunes I would up putting the same rubber on my Super Duty and it made me realize how retarded a built 390 was. My Super Duty with a single pos 100 hp chip on 39" tires was better. Kinda like a super built 1989 ford f150 with 40 grand worth of camburg suspension and a built/sc motor and then you hand that guy a stock raptor and he realizes his 89 is a huge pile of buzzy crap lol.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
This was that bad all the time. 4.88 gears. It was in the sweet spot cruising down the highway but literally zero efficiency. I had dual carbs on it initially and it didn't change the mileage much unless it was pinned to the floor. With a 3 spd manual it was not a real great setup. It was awesome in sand dunes. Not to get too far off the trail here but that is why I had mickey Thompson baja belted radials on my 00 at one point. Taking that thing to the dunes I would up putting the same rubber on my Super Duty and it made me realize how retarded a built 390 was. My Super Duty with a single pos 100 hp chip on 39" tires was better. Kinda like a super built 89 for with 40 grand worth of camber suspension and a built/sc motor and then you hand that guy a stock raptor and he realizes his 89 is a huge pile of buzzy cap lol.
lol.. yep

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online