Finally killed the head gaskets...

ford rules

Reaction score
That really makes me wish i had put a cam in mine when the heads were off.

Maybe jared was talking about a different stage one :shrug:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Your fine removing the bolts just make sure you mark the Adapter so it goes back on same way if not motor will be out of balance

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I could be completely wrong but wasn't the issue found with victor reinz gaskets is that they were thinner than oem? And in theory using them puts the valves closer to the pistons? Or do you guys think the orings would make up the difference and keep them safe? Or am I simply over thinking Luke's build.

Reaction score
I could be completely wrong but wasn't the issue found with victor reinz gaskets is that they were thinner than oem? And in theory using them puts the valves closer to the pistons? Or do you guys think the orings would make up the difference and keep them safe? Or am I simply over thinking Luke's build.
I'm using the victor reinz oe type gaskets, they just have black rtv instead of blue. Never had a problem.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Guys, there are "new" VR gaskets out in the market now. They are supposed to a MLS gasket with the exact same thickness as the OEM. As stated, the only difference is black sealant instead of blue. The old, thinner, problematic gaskets have been pulled from the market and are no longer available. VR recognized the problem and removed the product.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Reaction score
Fed Ex guy brought me some RCD magic.

877229d0342fe7d819dedeebecba27ed.jpg

Ignore my pile of turbos....

Reaction score
How do you like the 190/100s and the 68mm powermax??

I like the injectors, debating on running dual hpops though, I feel like the truck could use more pressure all the way through. The turbo started life as a powermax but is more than just a 68mm compressor. Has a gt40 turbine so behaves differently. It doesn't spool quite as fast as the stock pmax wheel but it still gets the tires smoking if you punch it from a stop.