Finally killed the head gaskets...

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Decided I'm gonna switch up the turbo too. Who's got the biggest VGT?

We currently only have our 68mm out on the market. We have been playing around and testing 71mm and 72mm turbos with some testers. They don't seem to make enough power over the 68mm to be worth having a whole different turbo design. I truly believe the turbine side is holding things up and that a 71mm comp wheels that everyone is running with the same gt 40 turbine wheel in the 68mm will not yield very much more power (if any)... So we are going to go HUGE and try a 74mm comp wheel with a gt42 turbine wheel with a larger gt42 shaft.

On the other hand we don't fully know yet how a Giant VGT turbo will react... if it will make that much more power over a 68mm. So far I have not been impressed by any 71mm VGT turbo numbers on the 6.0... they seem to be similar to the 68mm numbers.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I was looking at yours, it's tempting. And we're still getting the bugs worked out of the MTW dmax, like I said we have the only one. Sucker moves some air though. Makes that LBZ sound like the most badass 6.0 you've ever heard.

Back to my truck, that cold side kit really make a difference? I put the Sinister IC pipes on after I started blowing the stock pipes off every ten miles.

FWIW the No Limit cold side kit helped my truck spool a little better vs. a banks setup. Also saw slight egt drops and not to mention I have NEVER blown a boot off of it @ 50-60psi. Definitely recommend it.

Reaction score
Set of heads showed up yesterday, going to let a bandsaw do some work on a cracked one Monday to see just how much porting they'll take. I'll post pics up on when it's in lots of pieces. :thumbsup::evil

Reaction score
Truck as it sits right now, all '05 swapped and sitting on 22x12s.

7452281e1f2acb724da097a53ac884dd.jpg

jdc753

Reaction score
pardon my ignorance (been off the forums for a while...)

You don't need piston work (flycut/relief) for that cam right? are you going to do rods and pistons while it is out and getting all this valve train and head work done?

jdc753

Reaction score
Not for the stage 1. It's a drop in cam.

Nice, I've been staring at RCD's catalog lately trying to keep my wallet and plastic still in my pocket.

Are you going to up the rev limiter now with the springs and cam maybe push for 5k? or is this more mostly for higher boost and longevity with some power band movement as spool up?

Reaction score
Nice, I've been staring at RCD's catalog lately trying to keep my wallet and plastic still in my pocket.

Are you going to up the rev limiter now with the springs and cam maybe push for 5k? or is this more mostly for higher boost and longevity with some power band movement as spool up?

All about the spool up! It has no problem spooling the turbo now if you want to black out an intersection. I'm trying to clean that up and get rid of the haze at WOT. That RCD catalog is dangerous, I want that oil pan!

Stroked777

Reaction score
I have a stage one cam in my truck (same exact cam between the 6.0 and 6.4) I don't have reliefs and was told they aren't needed. I have revved mine out to 4500 rpm but then the fuel cut off kicked on. I need to change that in MCC LOL

ford rules

Reaction score
Hmm I just remember Jared telling me that he recommends it. Seams like most don't though and have no issues.