Finished my manifold::

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
80-300 rwhp? What are you gonna do, put a nitrous nozzle there?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

Hot dam, must have read Smokey's book of tricks. Yes that is exactally what I will be doing and will show how. The valve block is a perfect place to hide nozzles one water meth and the other nitrous, I can run the plumbing in wire conduit going right to the sides of the valve body where the electrical connectors would go.

Why do I want to hide things? just to make the other diesel people nuts(cummings, duramax) when I make big power, or with nitrous huge power and when the hood is open there is nothing to see. I want to hear "WTF how does this 6.0 powerstroke make that much power?" still has the stock manifold in there, I don't see any nitrous, water meth or anything. Let them think that just got smoked by a 6.0 has a stock engine setup under the hood.LOL

OK, Manifold, here's the deal. I cut one side at a time, from the bottom, removed the posts and then smoothed the floor. Chamfer the the hell out of the ports and smoothed them out. That's how I can make the bold statement, no offense to GOGO. Then I welded and whent to other side, and did the same. Wait there's more, look at the new pictures I put up closely and you will see that I filled any voids, and smoothed them out, even the alternator brack area. The EGR bun is gone and welded a plate across it, I keep all the rest there, coolant will flow just like stock.

Will the manifold flow better then the other aftermarket ones, I really don't know if it does it does if not that ok too, all I really know is that it out flows the stocker for sure. Sorry for teasing at first I just wanted to see if anyone noticed anything different than a normal manifold. Thanks and enjoy!

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

Karls03

Reaction score
Pretty cool :thumbup:

Considering that I have never looked inside of one of these, do the bolts go through a tube or post that must also be cut to expose the innerds? I have a spare intake now, so I was wondering what I could do with it.

Also, how did that modification at the top of the y pipe work out for you? I don't recall seeing any follow up to that.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Pretty cool :thumbup:

Considering that I have never looked inside of one of these, do the bolts go through a tube or post that must also be cut to expose the innerds? I have a spare intake now, so I was wondering what I could do with it.

Also, how did that modification at the top of the y pipe work out for you? I don't recall seeing any follow up to that.

Yes bolts go through a soild post. I don't think the bolts are going to have that big of a effect on the air flow.
Y-pipe worked good, seems to have helped in spool.

Karls03

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I thought there was a tube they went through and I agree that the flow blockage is nominal.

We're going to skin that y-pipe cat a LITTLE differently than you did, but the end results should be the same.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
not gonna sell em?

It took alot of work, and even tho I could do it faster the next time, at this time not into making them. I'm very busy with the turbo stuff, I'm working on improving the stage 3 and 4 to make them flow more air. I'm working on 6.4 turbos, and making the low pressure a ball bearing design. I'm working on my truck to get it ready for events this year. I'm working a full time job and working on turbos on the side. I just have way too much right now going on.

I also don't know how much of a gain the mainfold will really give.I might dyno it, and then change the manifold out with stock to see, but that is if time permits. I wouldn't sell anything unless I have real testing done, I just finished the manifold and haven't even tried it yet. All I know for sure is that it will ouflow the stocker how much? don't really care just wanted to try something different, and as long as the back cylinders get more air that's good for me.

bboteler

Reaction score
either way you go, it looks great and there in no ? about the time and energy put into one of those. Good work!

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I like how the comments have changed from the first two pages, to the third page. LOL

Good looking work. Looks like alot of time put in it.

Blacksmokin22

Reaction score
Does the 6.4 manifold flow better than a stock 6.0? I like how it looks!! Wished I had one!!!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Does the 6.4 manifold flow better than a stock 6.0? I like how it looks!! Wished I had one!!!

It does, but the issue with that converted manifold is the 6.4 inlet is canted forward and lower vs the 6.0 is upright and higher. Thats not going to mate up without a new intercooler pipe and some fan shroud trimming. Also that epoxy is known to crack.

bboteler

Reaction score
i agree, not something on my to-do list right now, but it'd still be cool to see one and how it compared. And a new manifold def isn't in my budget

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
it doesnt? the one I see there has alternator brackets....

Yeah the 6.4 manifolds dont. Its easier to port a 6.4 manifold which is why a lot of people ask. But you would need to have custom piping/flanges made and weld on the alternator bracket, not really worth it, depends on the setup . This manifold looks nice though.

Latest posts

Members online