Flo-Pro junk...

mclean

Reaction score
You can see it in this pic.
IMG_20120722_131436.jpg

mine looks the same...about an inch hole or so in it and no matter how tight i do the clamps they still come apart where it splits

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
That's another thing. I've used stainless band clamps, with an impact gun, and the things never seem ti be fully tightened?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
that's because band clamps don't tighten enough for the tolerances that Flo-Pro piping has.

regular old guillotine/crush clamps are the only way to go with cheap exhaust systems.

I install plenty of cheap Diamond Eye systems. I used to install Flo-Pro. As soon as I installed my first Diamond Eye, that was it

Mdub707

Reaction score
Flo-Pro posted up on facebook the other day that they've changed the way their hangers mount to their exhaust systems, they wrap almost 180* around now and are welded the whole way. Call them up, maybe they will send you a replacement piece that has the updated hanger.

713Diesel

Reaction score
Mine broke in the exact same spot as yours about a month ago. I have had mine on since February of 09 with approx 90k miles on it. Not sure what the true life expectancy on these is but when in my mind when you purchase a stainless system it should last longer than 3.5 years.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
My dad and I both have the 5" Magnaflow DPF back behind 4" AFE Race Pipes on 3 of our 6.4 trucks. 2 of them have broken holes in the exhaust where the tailpipe hanger is.. Disgusting for the price you pay for Magnaflow.

04stroker

Reaction score
We install about all flo pro without any issue. Only hanger I've seen ripped on one was recently and that was from the guy running up on a tree and bending the whole pipe. I recently installed a Diamond eye and won't ever again. Worst fitting exhaust I've ever seen.

713Diesel

Reaction score
I just sent them an email through their tech department and they said that they know they have been having problems with the hangers so they are sending me another one and then proceeded to tell me about the new design. Good to know that some company's do the right thing still. This experience has made me a flo pro customer for life.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I just sent them an email through their tech department and they said that they know they have been having problems with the hangers so they are sending me another one and then proceeded to tell me about the new design. Good to know that some company's do the right thing still. This experience has made me a flo pro customer for life.

Awesome!

clayton

Reaction score
that's because band clamps don't tighten enough for the tolerances that Flo-Pro piping has.

regular old guillotine/crush clamps are the only way to go with cheap exhaust systems.

I install plenty of cheap Diamond Eye systems. I used to install Flo-Pro. As soon as I installed my first Diamond Eye, that was it

We install about all flo pro without any issue. Only hanger I've seen ripped on one was recently and that was from the guy running up on a tree and bending the whole pipe. I recently installed a Diamond eye and won't ever again. Worst fitting exhaust I've ever seen.

Interesting.
Ive heard/read alot more negatives about diamond eye vs flo pro.

pstroke08

Reaction score
When i got it in, I was bummed, as the packaging blows. I've got a flo-pro 4" on.my 12v too, same thing, the pipes came all mangled up. Once ya get the ends massaged out, they fit nice though. I'd consider a 5" system, never heard one on a 6.4 though.

same here my end hanger was bent, i put it on any way now my end piece will fall out of the rubber and hang there sometimes.

powerlifter405

Reaction score

Same here.
Had a DE on my 7.3, it took most of the day getting things to line up, not bang on the frame, etc...

got a FP for my dads 24V, bolted right up, netted 1.5-2mpg improvement.

04stroker

Reaction score
Same here.
Had a DE on my 7.3, it took most of the day getting things to line up, not bang on the frame, etc...

got a FP for my dads 24V, bolted right up, netted 1.5-2mpg improvement.

This was on a Duramax and it was so bad that i triple checked the part# too make sure it was the right one. It was I had to cut, resize, and bend hangers before I would let it go.

bad12jr

Reaction score
The exact reason I like to build my own. But on that note have no complaint with the universal tail and tip from Flo pro.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Latest posts

Members online