Forscan. What is it

O&G

Reaction score
Maybe that is the case, I could be thinking of something other than what you're seeing. Try it out and see

I think you'll need to download the AB file from the website first tho, otherwise how would it know what the factory settings were?
I figured they had a database on Foreman with oem settings, etc... it ask me if I'm sure I want to proceed but I haven't executed the launch code!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

cbf9703

Reaction score

cbf9703

Reaction score
What's the difference between the regular and the wine build for Windows? From the comparison sheet online, they appear to have the same functionality.

6d2adffe17dead477fe03e2721e3cdde.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cbf9703

Reaction score
I prefer the elm 327 with wifi. Good for an iPhone iPad or a computer. It's a OBD scanner , data logger , and also lets you modify some parameters in all the modules engine , trans , body etc. I thought it was really cool to monitor low system fuel pressure and a ton of other things that are not available on SCT or a cts2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently there is an issue with some of the China ELM327 adapters? From their forum- Performance fix of China ELM327 WiFi adapter
http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16
The F-150 guys, highly recommended the Bluetooth OBD Link MX as being the most reliable so I went with it.

Some say, the USB wired ones work good with no problems and others say they are finicky.

Got some useful links/info in my Forscan thread linked below

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74531
Any of them that can work on a 7.3 with an iPhone?
According to what I'm seeing in the FORScan site, performance issues seem to be based on minimal response time (ping).
b9861dc441d7dee48d36520789e6b14b.jpg

Magnum, that forum post has some good responses with reviews that may help with decisions for iOS.

Vgate elm327 seems to be hit or miss. You don't want v1.5 and the iCar2 adapter is slow- they recommended this one instead based on user feedback if you're going China vgate.
1315bc882d118bbc2f4cdebd19761d95.jpg

Pricier, but sounds like a better option overall- the OBDLink MX WiFi has built in MS CAN support, apparently doesn't get as hot as the China adapters and is 3-4x faster as well. 👍

I think PDT1081 has it mixed up. All (I think all anyway) can read the HS-CAN (HS is high speed btw) which is really all you need. No if it has a physical switch on the adapter then you can switch it over to the MS-CAN (MS is medium speed). MS-CAN will open up a couple other modules to read/write, but the majority are HS-CAN: IPC, PCM, BCM, TCM, etc

Yours is normal in that it can read HS, but just by chance you didn't find one with the MS switch. That's ok, you should be just fine using it for FORScan
http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4
How to access MS CAN bus using FORScan V2 and modified ELM327... Might help someone on here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
I figured they had a database on Foreman with oem settings, etc... it ask me if I'm sure I want to proceed but I haven't executed the launch code!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

haha launch codes, I like it.

It's possible they have a database like that but with the nearly millions of combinations these trucks can have, I think it would be tough to maintain that. Download what you have on the module as of right now to save as a back up, and try it out. You can always load the back up then. I haven't tried that myself tho, proceed with caution haha

redneck1

Reaction score
SO, does this one not work either?

I think PDT1081 has it mixed up. All (I think all anyway) can read the HS-CAN (HS is high speed btw) which is really all you need. No if it has a physical switch on the adapter then you can switch it over to the MS-CAN (MS is medium speed). MS-CAN will open up a couple other modules to read/write, but the majority are HS-CAN: IPC, PCM, BCM, TCM, etc

Yours is normal in that it can read HS, but just by chance you didn't find one with the MS switch. That's ok, you should be just fine using it for FORScan

According to jetexpress, it does work. If you read his post in this thread he has a list of modules that use hs-scan and the ones that use ms-can.

KCCO

O&G

Reaction score
haha launch codes, I like it.

It's possible they have a database like that but with the nearly millions of combinations these trucks can have, I think it would be tough to maintain that. Download what you have on the module as of right now to save as a back up, and try it out. You can always load the back up then. I haven't tried that myself tho, proceed with caution haha

Good idea on the backup. I'm guessing Forscan uses my vin to pull the proper database and BCM file, but I'm not 100% sure. I've already downloaded the information from the Ford site you linked earlier. I will also make a back up of the data currently on the module. I may execute the procedure this weekend when I have a bit more time to play with the software. From what I remember when I had my BCM reflashed 2 years ago the tech said he had to "reprogram" the BCM. Several TSB's about the 2011 BCM as well.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Good idea on the backup. I'm guessing Forscan uses my vin to pull the proper database and BCM file, but I'm not 100% sure. I've already downloaded the information from the Ford site you linked earlier. I will also make a back up of the data currently on the module. I may execute the procedure this weekend when I have a bit more time to play with the software. From what I remember when I had my BCM reflashed 2 years ago the tech said he had to "reprogram" the BCM. Several TSB's about the 2011 BCM as well.

Forscan uses your vehicle profile for their easy changes (that are generally the same across the Ford platform). When you go into the As-Built, it reads the file directly from your BCM (or whichever module you are in). The coding you see is the actual coding being used by the truck.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Can Forscan disable the TPMS function? I left my sensors in my factory 20's and switched to aftermarket wheels. I'm just sick of getting the TPMS error code on the dash since that's happened. I tried disabling it with the SCT X4 I have but it didn't work. I also have the Torque Pro app for monitoring but I didn't see the option to do so in there

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Can Forscan disable the TPMS function? I left my sensors in my factory 20's and switched to aftermarket wheels. I'm just sick of getting the TPMS error code on the dash since that's happened. I tried disabling it with the SCT X4 I have but it didn't work. I also have the Torque Pro app for monitoring but I didn't see the option to do so in there

Yes it can. See the last page of the other FORScan thread

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74531&page=29

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
this thread should be joined with the one already made.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
You can freely move from truck to truck. It's not like a tuner that VIN locks, just a diagnostic tool that reads and notes the VIN so you can create "profiles" in the program.

Latest posts

Members online