Frankenstein.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
There are 3 that I want to try......
Matte black on top following the body line with brushed stainless steel on the bottom

Satin balloon white

And the new blood red the new Raptors are coming.....

Hopefully Friday.....

Is it easy to change? Is there a residue left when the wrap is removed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Is it easy to change? Is there a residue left when the wrap is removed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Its like a giant sticker. Its made by 3M, so it should last while.....but I don't plan on running it more than a few months, depending upon how much I like it, and I'm sure there will be some residue left, but still way easier and a fraction of the cost of dealing with paint.

12stroker

Reaction score
FB9690CD-3D61-4AB1-9BEB-B353D2427AA5_zpssvqcbybq.jpg

I am starting the construction on the jump I will let you know when it's ready LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you are a brave man julian. thats one of the freakiest looking contraptions i have ever seen. frankenstein is a pretty mild name for it.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
you are a brave man julian. thats one of the freakiest looking contraptions i have ever seen. frankenstein is a pretty mild name for it.

Haha, thanks Mike......never really been one to do the norm, back when I had my KR, people lost their mind that I "got rid of" the two tone and put the hood on it...... Anyway, once the wheels get here, I think it will set it off just right.

imelmo

Reaction score
And stretch that front bumper to be in line with the fenders.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
^^ I think the wheels and the bedsides will make it look "right"

I remembered a trick that I saw done a few years ago with "pulling bedsides" and then using a bottle jack and 2x4s to flare out the rear sides, got new ones coming.....or well "ordered" anyway, so if I screw up I'll just put those on.

You can kind see what I'm talking about here.....

343201_1000.jpg

And stretch that front bumper to be in line with the fenders.

Waaay ahead of you.....looking into 05-07 450 bumper flares, see if they will work.

Which leads me to this.....I was googling and researching how to remove plasi-dip correctly, for when I go for my wrap and I came across all the new products that are out.....holy crap, there is some awesome stuff. I pieced together a DIY kit for just over $400 including a spray gun, couple gallons of color, gallon of accent, etc etc.......I'm pretty damn good with a rattle can, I can imagine with a spray gun. Might pull the trigger on it and try a few colors out, instead of wrapping......this is the first one I want to try, looks soooo sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Szrm5TtJhg

And who knows.....if I get really good at it, maybe its another service I can offer at the new shop

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Hey I have a buddy who has a bunch of new f-450 bumper flares. Not the whole thing just the part that bolts to the bumper. let me know if you want a set.

JMart

Reaction score
What's a wrap job normally cost?

You can do it yourself for $500 - $1000 maybe less depending on how much you need and where you get it, what quality you go with, stuff like that. Probably at least double to have someone else do it. I have wanted to wrap mine since I saw true bliss' green dually.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
That plasti dip looks like a cool alternative to the wrap!!!

Not to mention cheaper and less of pain in the ass......

not much lol he has a boat load of them off ambulances

Cool....Jason just sent me some he had laying around, I'm gonna work with them and see what I come up with, if I can get them to work, I'll pick up a fresh set from you

What's a wrap job normally cost?

Depends on the hook up and what you go with and what type of wrap you go with, but you are talking $1500 starting

You can do it yourself for $500 - $1000 maybe less depending on how much you need and where you get it, what quality you go with, stuff like that. Probably at least double to have someone else do it. I have wanted to wrap mine since I saw true bliss' green dually.

This.......The initial buy in on the dip stuff to get equipment like the gun, hoses, stirrers, face mask, cleaner, etc etc....was just under $600, starting a $55 for a gallon of color (it takes about 3 gallons to do a full size car), you can change the look of your car CLEANLY for less than $200 starting.....I mean look how the stuff comes off, almost easier than painting it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7xvBSqhOE

JMart

Reaction score
Bring your rig to dfw and do my truck. I just got a quote for $1200 just to linex my rockers and bumpers. Looking for a cheap way to delete my tan.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.