Frankenstein.

JMart

Reaction score
Plasti dip and color match spray paint on top of that. It'll still peel like plasti dip but it will match.

I live in the ghetto where half the cars around here half something plasti dipped. No thank you. I would much prefer the redneck look to the rice look.

Im not worried about peeling later, Im only on this tight budget for two more years,

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Bring your rig to dfw and do my truck. I just got a quote for $1200 just to linex my rockers and bumpers. Looking for a cheap way to delete my tan.

Jesus....$1200??? I got my 6.4 KR done for $350 and it still looks new, or least last time I saw it a month ago it did

Before....

IMAG0513.jpg

After...

photo13_zps944a7896.jpg

You could do mine too

You don't like the white on your truck? You ever heard of satin balloon white??? It's just sick..... I actually have this car as the background on my screen in B&W with just the color showing

1528600_10202222400794568_1441489203_n_zps70113419.jpg

Well we can plasti dip all of jarrods 6.0

I'm all in.....and we can give that IDI a lil love too LOL

I live in the ghetto where half the cars around here half something plasti dipped. No thank you. I would much prefer the redneck look to the rice look.

Im not worried about peeling later, Im only on this tight budget for two more years,

Plus in Texas. Plasti dip fades bad.

You guys act like I'm doing this and trying to keep it forever......remember, its just a way from me to try out different color combos, before I decide on which I like to ACTUALLY get it painted......and a side business venture too

JMart

Reaction score
Jesus....$1200??? I got my 6.4 KR done for $350 and it still looks new, or least last time I saw it a month ago it did

Before....

IMAG0513.jpg

After...

photo13_zps944a7896.jpg

You don't like the white on your truck? You ever heard of satin balloon white??? It's just sick..... I actually have this car as the background on my screen in B&W with just the color showing

1528600_10202222400794568_1441489203_n_zps70113419.jpg

I'm all in.....and we can give that IDI a lil love too LOL

You guys act like I'm doing this and trying to keep it forever......remember, its just a way from me to try out different color combos, before I decide on which I like to ACTUALLY get it painted......and a side business venture too

I know what you are up to, I was referring to the comment about plasti instead of liner on the rockers.

That vette is sweet. I want to wrap my truck in the matte apple, I know I would get tired of a color like that after awhile though, that's why wraps and plasti works well.

I have seen a lot of rattle can hack plasti jobs though.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I want to wrap my truck in the matte apple, I know I would get tired of a color like that after awhile though, that's why wraps and plasti works well.

I have seen a lot of rattle can hack plasti jobs though.

Matte apple would be sick.....you seen that new blood red the Raptors are coming in? I LIKES DAT!!!!

Yea, in fact I've got a "rattle can" plasti dip truck in the shop right now that looks......well interesting, put it this.....homie didn't even bother masking off the lights, windows, or license plate, just winged it LOL

JMart

Reaction score
Matte apple would be sick.....you seen that new blood red the Raptors are coming in? I LIKES DAT!!!!

Yea, in fact I've got a "rattle can" plasti dip truck in the shop right now that looks......well interesting, put it this.....homie didn't even bother masking off the lights, windows, or license plate, just winged it LOL

Well next time mask your truck off man, damn.

I bet you see all sorts of stuff down there south of the border.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Plasti looks cheap IMO, and I've seen many of the dipyourcar cars. They're from down here. I'd get a wrap if you want to go that route. It's very easy to make a plasti dip job look uneven

Vader's Fury

Reaction score

Just putting this up again for all the ones that seemed to have missed it.

Some people need to read the thread completely before commenting LOL

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
yeah i've seen that. LOVE that color.

It is delightful....

Plasti looks cheap IMO, and I've seen many of the dipyourcar cars. They're from down here. I'd get a wrap if you want to go that route. It's very easy to make a plasti dip job look uneven

To each their own I guess. Like I said before, this isn't a permanent thing....if I can change the color and try different combinations with something that looks decent and I could easily do 5 to 6 times for the price of one wrap......and then not to mention the side work potential to get my money back, sorry seems like a no brainer to me.....I'm no professional artist, but I have patience and enough knowledge in prep and coat techniques that I'm sure it will turn out just fine

On another note.........dem feets son!!!!

1656056_10152687928249199_1680035038_n.jpg

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Mount the wheels already. I can't tell you your truck looks good until you do.

Latest posts

Members online