Fuel additives...what's your poison?

BK39

Reaction score
I've tried the ford Cetane Booster a couple times on long trips, honestly I can't really tell any difference. Maybe I need to try that gray bottle you fellas are using.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I generally do not run any additives in my truck unless its cold out. I run a transfer tank in the bed of my truck that has a filter on it, I check that before every fill up and I do not fill the main tank directly from the pump unless I have no choice. The main thing for me is to make sure there is no water or large debris in the fuel.

Howe's is the only type I run, it seems to have the best lubricity and the least amount of alcohol in it. I have never had a Gel up running it ever.

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
Stanadyne for now, I'm wanting to try arch oils fuel additive, been hearing good stuff about that.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I switched from White PS to Howe's this past winter after my dad's truck gelled with PS. I haven't ran anything since April. Been waiting to try Lubrication Engineers additive, but apparently it's not available in the smaller bottles yet.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I've always used power service in the past, but started using stanadyne on my last truck and have used it exclusively in this truck. I always have had good luck with power service, but I always heard good things about stanadyne and it became available locally. No complaints so far.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
My truck is a 15' with 11,000 miles and I've never ran any fuel additive. I live in south Louisiana so it never gets super cold down here. Should I be running a fuel additive?

Charles

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
My truck is a 15' with 11,000 miles and I've never ran any fuel additive. I live in south Louisiana so it never gets super cold down here. Should I be running a fuel additive?

Charles

I live here in central Louisiana, I use it strictly for the added lubrication in the fuel system. Diesel fuel isn't what it used to be. Some products help with water separation too

co04cobra

Reaction score
I use the ford stuff when I do put additives in. I suggest it to all my customers too.

Had several guys gel up running PS last winter, but to my knowledge, none of the ones running fords stuff did.

wildkarrd

Reaction score
Stanadyne for now, I'm wanting to try arch oils fuel additive, been hearing good stuff about that.

That's all I run. Tested it out back when I had my dodge (I'll see if I can find my results to post on here) I saw lower EGTs, better mileage, quicker starts the whole 9 over even running stanadyne performance formula. I'm a firm believer in all of archoil's products.

Sent from a Pump Jack

truckman1974

Reaction score
My problem is......The PS seems to leak out of the bottle. The first time I used it, I was going to just stick the bottle under the back seat in that utility tray (thing) that's under there. I did have sense enough to put it in a large zip lock bag, but the next morning when I got in the truck I could smell the strong smell of the PS. Looked and it had seeped out into the bag (and made it's way through the zip lock also leaving a small spot of liquid in the tray). So, now I still try to keep it in a zip lock bag but lay it in the back of the truck. I have a tonneau cover but when I need to reach back there for it and open the tailgate I can still smell that strong odor.

I need to find some sort of airtight container to keep it in that would let that smell (or seepage) escape. Anybody found anything that fits this bill? I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it or it be a big cumbersome something. Just something about the size of the bottle itself and airtight. I know you pay for quality (which I don't mind) but I'm not looking to buy another PSD to tow behind me to keep the bottle in so it doesn't smell up my current PSD cabin. (ok, that's an exageration but you get the idea...lol).

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Anybody running Opti-lube in their 6.7? I run the xpd formula in my 01. My dad is getting a 6.7 soon. Not sure if he should run the same stuff.

Pirogue

Reaction score
Either Standyne or Ford Cetane. I seem to notice better MPG with Ford Cetane Booster though.

Tried PS grey at rec dose and seen no diff in Perf.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.