Fuel pressure headache

ghohouston

Reaction score
Just because a part is "new" doesnt mean its working 100 percent. Iv seen plenty of "new" items be defective. You could have gotten a bad pump or spring... and hell who knows, maybe its a gauge issue after all.

Last edited:

StrokenHard

Reaction score
so i just ran out and turned the key to see if theres been a difference and it looks as if maybe there was some air in there cause now its reading at 58, and my old pump had 215k orig miles on it and the only reason i replaced it was because of the fuel pressure drop but when i replaced it with the "new" one from ford the pressure didnt change, now the truck will still roal coal even when the fuel pressure was as low as it was,but im crossing my fingers hoping it was just air, im gunna bleed the line to my fuel gauge again and keep checkin it

Sully

Reaction score
That's acceptable pressure and that may be all your going to get with a factory pump and 190s..check your voltage as lower voltage= lower fuel pressure too.maybe the alt or a battery is getting weak.check voltage and ground at the pump as well.

StrokenHard

Reaction score
ok went out took the truck for a test drive, it hauls ass and doesnt show any symptoms of low pressure but then i noticed its sitting at 48-50 again, now ill say this, before this headache came about i had the 190's already in and i was sitting at 65-70 psi of pressure like i said before out of no where it started dropping, im gunna take your advice and have the voltage checked, any idea on what good numbers will be at?? and could a worn out ficm cause my pressure gauge to miss read? ive gotta try and track all the parts ive bought from places and look into replacements

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
At this point, have you eliminated the factory regulator and installed a real true regulated return? It might behoove you to do so if you haven't.

Aside from the regulated return, have you checked all your fuel lines for contamination? Any kind of particulates stuck in them?

StrokenHard

Reaction score
I havent done an RR, mainly cause as of right now i dont have the extra money for it, in this economy $600+ pays for alot more needed things :(

dohcter

Reaction score
I havent done an RR, mainly cause as of right now i dont have the extra money for it, in this economy $600+ pays for alot more needed things :(

If your truck is like mine was, I did a RR and it didnt help the loss of pressure. The only fix was a sump and lift pump feeding the stock pump

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Put a 6.4 lift pump on it. They're pretty cheap. This should get you by for awhile. Bottom line is the stock pump isn't going to provide enough fuel for those injectors... You need an upgrade.

Motostroker

Reaction score
aqejynem.jpg
hebugyjy.jpg

Did you clean the strainers inside the white tube on the pickup? I had a truck in the shop 2 weeks ago doing the same thing as yours, cleaned them and it runs perfect psi now

2wd-fire

Reaction score
aqejynem.jpg
hebugyjy.jpg

Did you clean the strainers inside the white tube on the pickup? I had a truck in the shop 2 weeks ago doing the same thing as yours, cleaned them and it runs perfect psi now

That's 7.3 fuel pick up 6.0 don't have those

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.