Fuel Pump

SDstroker

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend to feed my 250/100's. Pics of setup and data would be appreciated!
Walbro GSL392
A1000
Fuel Lab
Dual Bosch SD pumps

TARM

Reaction score
Dual sds will be the cheapest especially if you go used and the most relaible. Next would be either a fuelab or a walbro with a sd pump plumbed in as a second on a switch for backup. The later would be the cheapest of this group and would give you redundancy. Honestly indo not think I will be running any pump without some sort of secondary backup so I can still drive if one or the primary goes down.

SDstroker

Reaction score
The dual SD pumps is what I was leaning towards. I just have 1 SD pump now and holds 65 psi fine until I mash it. Thanks guys.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Does anyone have any write ups on how they isolated the second pump. What relay they used and what not. I am going to start searching for check valves and fittings for the pumps.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
I did the 2 SD pumps with a sump and running 300cc 200%. I do however like the idea of running a fuel lab parallel with a SD on stand by for when it does go out. Either way piece of mind knowing that if goes out you can get home. Been ther done that.

P.I.S_7.3

Reaction score
running 238cc/100% hybrids with just a single walbro holds 65psi fuel pressure all day long. only drops 1 psi at wot

TARM

Reaction score
For results it sems a single walbro or dual SDs will handle up to 200% injectors. After that you need more. A1000, FL, dual walbros. Then you can lok at the use of a hobbs switch and a manual switch to nake some tuned in setuos. Such as you could run dual walbros but have the second one come on at a bost or fuel pressure level. You can run a Fuelab with a sd pump as back up wired thri a relay with a 3 way switch 1 on 2 off, 2 on 1 off, all off. Etc. Many ways you can build a good system with built in redundancy to keep you off the side of the road and with all the flow you need.

TARM

Reaction score
Yeh it may not be very happy with that. 1100-1250 ftlb tq its being asked to hold LOL

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Running dual SDs on my setup (250/200) 1/2 pickup into 10 micron fuel/water to 5/16s lines into the two pumps then to. 2 micron filter back to 1/2 line up to my reg return.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Hmm that sounds like very familar filter specs.

Its a good setup ;)

Make sure you fuse both pumps and the line, add a good relay as well

Here ya go, this is how I rigged mine

041bo.jpg

TARM

Reaction score
See I really like that . Basic, simple, and functional. Does not take a ton of fab time or money and you have a great functioning system.

Not sure where you arenfusing or what size but a 30 pre relay and 15 for each pump. I have not bothered to check the max amps on the stock fuel pump. Does the stock fuel pum on a stock system have its own dedicated fuse?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online