Fuel Sump Question

Cota

Reaction score
For you guys that have installed fuel sumps.
Did you run the new hose over to the frame or towards the front of the tank and why?
Getting ready to install mine to an Airdog setup.
Depending on how I mount the pump I can ether run the line over to and inside the frame rail or towards the front of the tank to the pump.
Thanks

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Do you have to drill a hole in the BOTTOM of the tank? Asking for leaks I think.

Arisley

Reaction score
To install the sump, yes you have to cut a big hole in the bottom of the tank. Lots of people have had lots of success with sumps, never heard of one leaking. I am sure it has happened, but if you are careful you should be fine.

Personally, I would get that fuel line over to the rail as early as possible. If for nothing else than it simply looks better.

Cota

Reaction score
I have yet to hear of someone having a problem after installing a sump.
But then I'm not on here as much as I used to be.

I like the idea of running to the frame also but then I think by running it straight forward and up it would be less prone to having something catch on it.

mandkole

Reaction score
Big job, but lots of kits are available. From talking with others, cleaning/prepping the tank is the big thing. Id like to to the same thing with the mustang tank.

Cody

Reaction score
It's not that hard of a job... I think I had 30 minutes in installing mine and alot of that was waiting for the tank to drain..

I ran my line tight to the tank (zip tied it up) and then over to inside of the frame rail where my filters/pump is located.

thuglike

Reaction score
Easy install without dropping the tank.

When I installed mine I ran right over to the frame rail allowing a small bit for flexing. A few zip ties made for a clean unseen install.

Attachments

• sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 146

mandkole

Reaction score
oh wow, what do I know... I was thinking about sheetmetal pass car/drag sump kits. Those look real doable.

Cody

Reaction score
Jason any pictures of how you ran your line? Mine hangs and makes a D.O.T. flag!

thuglike

Reaction score
I don't...that rig has been gone for a while now but it was as simple as hooking up at the sump and going at a 45* to the frame rail..leaving just a little bit for any kind of flexing, then straight to the pre-filter. A few zip ties kept it tucked to the rail. Never any kind of problem.

Cody

Reaction score
Where did you installing your sump twards the front of the tank? Mine is where the old pickup foot screen was

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Keep in mind the truck in question is only running 12-15psi if I had to guess... Its not a PSD.

I still dont like the idea of a sump on a DD truck. No need for it IMHO.

I've got something you should see Gordon, before you cut a unrepairable hole in the bottom of your fuel tank...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Keep in mind the truck in question is only running 12-15psi if I had to guess... Its not a PSD.

I still dont like the idea of a sump on a DD truck. No need for it IMHO.

I've got something you should see Gordon, before you cut a unrepairable hole in the bottom of your fuel tank...

5/8" straw?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online