Fuelab Fun!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Whether you need the resistor depends entirely on the version of the pump. The latest version of the controller board (which was designed to address some pump problems) no longer needs the resistor, just a jumper to ground for reduced speed and open for full speed. Makes putting a toggle switch on it very easy now. Older pumps will still require the resistor. Running a pump that requires a resistor without it will NOT make the controller happy.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I was doing a little electronics shopping on the web and found the circuit you need to build to make your pump work - please follow the directions completely!

circuit_diagram.png

TARM

Reaction score
That's some funny stuff. Where did you find that. I have got to save that and use it down the road.

On the new pumps and noise. I doubt its something about the new pumps per say as I had to have one of the loudest pumps ever from them. You could hear it before the truck coming down the road. Well maybe not that loud but you could hear the pump from a block away. It ended up dieing. I tend to think its sort of like a turbo whine when it comes to tolerances. The louder the pump the looser the tolerances are. Just a guess as this pump had been fixed twice and then failed again and I finally got frustrated with the whole deal and gave it away. I know many of them are GREAT pumps. I have seen it time and time again on here. But for me there was no joy

TARM

Reaction score
Sorry for the derail but what flows more an a1000 or the fuel lab at 65psi? My a1000 is like 6yrs old lol.

More no issue, try the Aeromotive 11104 Eliminator it flows 209 gph LOL Think its safe to say if you want to run that more than a few mins straight you will need a PWM as well IIRC it takes 12an hoses and sump or lift pump is mand. I know fuelab has some big boys as well.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I just purchased the 41401(105 gph @45ps)

A1000 flows 95gph at roughly the same psi.

JDub

Reaction score
That Fuelab pump at half power was enough to support my 938hp dyno run, fuel pressure gauge never budged. Obviously a 3-second dyno pull is a little different than a 10-second 1/4 run or a 300-ft sled pull though...

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
A1000 is not the solution to everything, I quit selling them after I had a majority of the ones I had sold customers fail. ANY high performance pump like this is bound to have some issues, but my failure rate with Fuelab has been a fraction of what it was with the A1000.

My 41401 at reduced speed has supported my POS race setup with no pressure drop issues.

Blowby

Reaction score
I did leave it at reduced speed on the dyno last Saturday and I did hear some poping at the end of the run. I wasn't looking at the gauge so I'm not sure if I needed to turn it up for the extra fuel or spun the motor past 3800. I'll do a little wiring and add the ground to my WOT switch and not worry about it.

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
Has anyone run the new regulators I saw they have released? That is nice to control the pump that way. Takes away all the issues with boost ref.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Has anyone run the new regulators I saw they have released? That is nice to control the pump that way. Takes away all the issues with boost ref.

The new high flow regulators? I have three of them sitting here, one will be running on a truck this weekend - its installed, just need to get the trans rebuilt and installed.

Or are you talking about the new electronic regulators?

Marty

Reaction score
Dennis, it was more of a joke but honestly I don't even sell the fuelabs in my systems anymore. Too many problems with cogging pumps, blowing fuses, dying pumps. Etc....

TARM

Reaction score
The new high flow regulators? I have three of them sitting here, one will be running on a truck this weekend - its installed, just need to get the trans rebuilt and installed.

Or are you talking about the new electronic regulators?

Both actually but I was thinking of the electronic one here as the posts were concerning flow rates and for relaibilty on a DD we they are run at reduced speed.

Have you had a chance to run or set pressure yet on the Hi-Flow Reg? Are you running a gear or belt driven pump or one of their electric? Wondering what kind of flow rates they can handle?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Both actually but I was thinking of the electronic one here as the posts were concerning flow rates and for relaibilty on a DD we they are run at reduced speed.

Have you had a chance to run or set pressure yet on the Hi-Flow Reg? Are you running a gear or belt driven pump or one of their electric? Wondering what kind of flow rates they can handle?

Yeah - we set the pressure on the one truck - the high flow regulator had great resolution for pressure control - the high flow regulator can dump up to 5gpm if needed - we are just using the electronic pump at reduced speed for street use and then switch it up to high speed for race purposes.

TARM

Reaction score
WOW 5gpm That should be plenty even for some of your fueling creations LOL

What is your opinion of there electronic version? If you have not had chance to see one then just in theory? They have some electronics tied into pressure that is controlling the resistance allowed between the poles on the pump to adjust the speed?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
WOW 5gpm That should be plenty even for some of your fueling creations LOL

What is your opinion of there electronic version? If you have not had chance to see one then just in theory? They have some electronics tied into pressure that is controlling the resistance allowed between the poles on the pump to adjust the speed?

I've been using their electronic pumps for a couple of years - this is my first go around with these regulators. I've had great luck with the pumps - good life, no setup problems, no running problems, etc... that black pulling truck I tossed some parts at last year got a Fuelab pump, Luke's truck had a Fuelab pump too.

Latest posts

Members online