gauge ideas

Denver

Reaction score
Its not necessary. As I said, I test for Isspro. The limit of the system was 17 gauges, testing in the lab gives you some information, but a 100k+ of testing in the real world opens up different issues.

And what happens if your little digital screen gets a short. blink. No gauges.

If your OBD port blows a fuse... no gauges...

PCM goes dead... No gauges...

Nice quick easy to sell theft object...

Analog gauges are better in every respect.

This is the reason I have analog gauges plus I'm monitoring parameters from a seperate source than the PCM. I don't want to see what the PCM see's incase there is a glitch. Another reason is the analog gauges are good for about 10 years as the digitals become out dated and obsolete in 5 years. I wouldn't mind a scan gauge though but not to monitor everything.

Slate

Reaction score
This is the reason I have analog gauges plus I'm monitoring parameters from a seperate source than the PCM. I don't want to see what the PCM see's incase there is a glitch. Another reason is the analog gauges are good for about 10 years as the digitals become out dated and obsolete in 5 years. I wouldn't mind a scan gauge though but not to monitor everything.

I think I'm going to pull out the voltmeter and put a Aeroforce gauge which will fit in the standard gauge pods (2 1/16"). So that I can watch HPOP and other parameters. I think it does everything the scangauge does, except it fits in a pod.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Arisley

Reaction score
Thats the one I have, plus you can add external inputs to it. I use it for my EGT gauge and have the parts to add fuel pressure to it also.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
IMG_20120802_233552.jpg
[/IMG]

Still has the plastic on the gauges.

IMG_20120802_233616.jpg
[/IMG]
Like I said brand new never installed gauges and pods. Pillar is for a 99-07 and the over head pod is for a Dodge, but matched up on my 08 no problem. Shouldn't be an issue on the 99-07 either.

What brand are the gauges9

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Had Autometer ultra lites in the 00 since 2006. The only issue I've had was a tranny probe that went bad a couple years. Replaced that & everything works normal again.

226343_2049918051412_5495853_n.jpg

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well we will call it 265.00 shipped. Its going to take a decent sized box, and I ship priority for the tracking number and insurance. Let me open all these gauge boxes and confirm everything is there.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
ok so at the moment i wanted the gauges. but first things first i have to buy a set of tires due to mine blowing out on the way home tonight, which i didnt expect until fall or winter but if u still have them after i purchase tires i will buy the gauges and if you dont then my loose.

OSCS

Reaction score
ok so at the moment i wanted the gauges. but first things first i have to buy a set of tires due to mine blowing out on the way home tonight, which i didnt expect until fall or winter but if u still have them after i purchase tires i will buy the gauges and if you dont then my loose.

Yes your "loose" indeed LOL

Rupp250

Reaction score
I like my Edge CTS. Don't like the look of guages all over the place. Plus I just unplug it and take it in the house when I get done driving.

Latest posts

Members online