Gauge opnions

tonto13

Reaction score
Looking at the Glowshift Max Tow gauges. Already have a set of gauges but they were taken out when the truck got hit by lighting. Im starting to collect parts for a makeover and freshen up of the truck. What would you recommend based on your opnions? And would like to see pics also if you have them. Really wanting to have them light up green, trying to keep all interior lights the same color. Thanks!!!!

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
We sell tons of Isspro gauges, I dont trust those cheap glowshift gauges

m j

Reaction score
I bought a glowshift fuel pressure gauge. it looks far better constructed then autometer procomp ulralights

d7es3l

Reaction score
Get an aero force scan gauge with green back light & autometer factory match boost & pyro!!

lc tpi

Reaction score
ive had autometer in my 01 i now have isspro in my 95 love them, i bought a glowshift fuel pressure guage for the 01, 4 years ago and it lasted less than a year where you could only read half the guage. it was digital. wouldnt waste my dough on that crap ever again.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If your running a basic intake exhaust and custome tuner then the glowshifts will at least tell you that something is messed up. Now if your going to be building anything over a stock injected truck I wouldn't run the cheap glowshifts. Autometers or isspros.

live life full throttle

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
i have glowshift(trans, egt, boost) in my truck. about a month after i put them in the back light went out on my trans temp gauge going down the road one night...needle still worked but no light. sent it in and a week later i had a working gauge back in my truck. no idea if they fixed my original gauge or gave me a new one. has been working fine since though. the egt gauge hasn't "saved" the color it was on when i shut the truck off like it is supposed to so i have to reset it to the color i want every time i start the truck. Pyro seems to be pretty accurate although i have never compared it to another gauge so....

Tomorrow on my way to school if remember i will grab you some pics of them with the green light. might be able to get some dark/early morning pics of them as well depending on when i leave.

If i had it to do again or someday get another truck and go with gauges, i will be getting Isspro though. Not gonna mess with these things again....at first i liked them but i don't like the look of them now, just look to "ricer" for my tastes. i have seen isspro's in person and they just look like way better quality than my glowshifts do....the way i look at it is, if you need gauges on your truck then you better buy something that is gonna be accurate and reliable, cuz if not then what is the point in even spending money on gauges?

Koda22

Reaction score
I've had glowshift in my truck since I got it...going on 3 years...had one issue when I first got them, called glowshift they gave me a new one no questions asked...for the price I don't think you can beat them...seems like a lot of people have more money then they know wat to do with...I'd rather buy 3 set of glowshift then one set of the others...everyone talks like only glowshift have problems, but read the forum you will see the others have problems too...spend your money how you want, but I don't think there is that much of a difference...

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
Lets see if my pics work haha

Attachments

• 20140113_143739.jpg
    20140113_143739.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
  • 20140113_143753.jpg
    20140113_143753.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If you are set on going with analog gauges, Autometer Ford Factory Match get my vote. Super clean looking, and great quality. They are not outrageously priced either. We carry them if you are interested. Check them out HERE.

Have you thought about using a digital monitoring device instead?

Latest posts

Members online