Glow plug stuck?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
No it seems as the glow plug itself popped up and that's as far on as the connector would go. Once the valve cover came off it was noticeable that glow plug was further out but still threaded..

If you thread the collar back in can you move the center pin in and out or spin it independently of the collar?

johnp115

Reaction score
i would tighten the bish back in :lookaround:

That may happen and a tune to clear the CEL LOL

Is it actually blowing compression past the gp or no?

Not quite sure, it definitely was blowing oil passed it as you can see in the first pic there is oil all around it, and thinking about it now i think i have had a tad more CCV haze lately.

If you thread the collar back in can you move the center pin in and out or spin it independently of the collar?

Not sure if it has that much play but i do know forsure i can wiggle the middle part while the outer part (thread area and all) doesnt move. Ill see what all i can move it when i get home

sootie

Reaction score
Not quite sure, it definitely was blowing oil passed it as you can see in the first pic there is oil all around it, and thinking about it now i think i have had a tad more CCV haze lately.

wait a sec. if the glow plug harness is popped out, it will splash oil out the hole in the valve cover. that does not mean compression is getting past the plug...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
10-4

wait a sec. if the glow plug harness is popped out, it will splash oil out the hole in the valve cover. that does not mean compression is getting past the plug...

He's saying the center pin in the glow plug popped up separately from the threaded portion that pushed the harness out of the cover.

johnp115

Reaction score

Yes I know but I think I may have been blowing compression around where the glow plug is popped up(possibly). The connector only popped up because it was shoved up by the glow plug itself.

I wasn't planning on pulling the valve cover but has to cause the connector wouldn't go on any further and I was confused as to why it wouldn't.

Really it needs to come out so I can see what I'm dealing with.

johnp115

Reaction score
Confirmed the middle part is blown out, it'll thread up and down but won't come out. Should I just tighten it and forget about it? Or would I be losing compression passed that? There's no way this thing is coming out without the head coming off.

johnp115

Reaction score
Wellllllll...... Goodnews: glow plug is out.

Bad news.., what's this gonna cost me
vasu8e9a.jpg
ga6uqe2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online