Going 38r in the 02

Layson

Reaction score
Just the 1.0 waste gated that came with it. Just want to see how it feels. Ever since I read that whole 1.15 vs 1.0 and there really being not that much difference made me want to go back.

I also have the billet wheel and I might stick the stocker wheel back on. Just seems like my egts ended up being a little higher with it. But not sure since I have not done a boost leak test in a while.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Gate rod is as tight as I could get it, I cranked it down as tight as I could before I ever even put the charger on the truck, overall much improved though. I guess its actually pretty good when you consider stock sticks are pushing a 66mm turbo that fast and enough to build 25+ psi boost, that's about all the stock one would do with a.84 ar and a 60mm, just hotter and surging

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I would think that you should be above 30psi.. did you spray the entire charge air system down with soapy water to make sure you dont have any other leaks?

live life full throttle
If I really stand on it I see just over 30 psi boost

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Just the 1.0 waste gated that came with it. Just want to see how it feels. Ever since I read that whole 1.15 vs 1.0 and there really being not that much difference made me want to go back.

I also have the billet wheel and I might stick the stocker wheel back on. Just seems like my egts ended up being a little higher with it. But not sure since I have not done a boost leak test in a while.

I bet you'll see a drop in egt's if you put the stock wheel back in

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
How can that be? Has anyone verified this at all?

been a few reports of egt's increasing with the billet wheel swap.. but I am betting on a leak on all of them...

live life full throttle
Truck ran great before the wheel, smokey turd with the billet wheel-
Put the stock wheel back in and I could instantly notice, truck was back to how it was
I gave it a few thousand miles with the billet wheel, truck would down shift going over small bridges where it normally would hold OD.....
Like I said before it might be better at "peak" boost but that's not where my truck lives

Reaction score
Is everyone that's complaining of issues with billit wheels using the 11 blade dieselsite wheel? Other than possibly having a leak at higher pressures on mine, it drives better than stock charger, spools faster, spools higher, even less smoke and has dropped egts compared to stock turbo, also at top of entrance expressway ramp, where used to I could barely get to 75mph (pretty steep ramp) I can now hit 90mph before having to merge, so other than it not cooling as well as the BASB in my 96, it's a great improvent. And I didn't like the dieselsit wheel desugn, so I have the riff raff billit wheel

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Swaan

Reaction score
The 11 blade single plane wheel will flow more air and have more boost at high presure ratios. But at low shaft speeds a 7 or 6 blade dual plane will flow more air.

So this is why guys are reporting higher egts while cruising with the 11 blade billet.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Although the billet wheels move more air, the extra air needs to get out. I think the billet wheels are creating a bottle neck on the exhaust side.

The single plane wheels are recommended to be used with a ported compressor cover like the 38r has.

The dual plane wheels are recommended with a non-ported compressor cover. A single plane wheel used in a non-ported might have surge issues at very high boost pressures.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
The 11 blade single plane wheel will flow more air and have more boost at high presure ratios. But at low shaft speeds a 7 or 6 blade dual plane will flow more air.

So this is why guys are reporting higher egts while cruising with the 11 blade billet.
I guess this is why it looks good on the dyno

TyCorr

Reaction score
I havent switched back to the stock 38r wheel because I want to really try it with my new injectors but my cruising egts are higher. It seems to be less productive everywhere other than full throttle.

Comparing stock to billet single plane 11 blade wheel.

Swaan

Reaction score
I havent switched back to the stock 38r wheel because I want to really try it with my new injectors but my cruising egts are higher. It seems to be less productive everywhere other than full throttle.

Comparing stock to billet single plane 11 blade wheel.

Yup. That's normal.
The 11 blade gtx wheels really shine at high presure ratios.
There more efficient and have less intake heat 30 psi and up. That's why they can make good numbers hp wise.
You just can't have your cake and eat it too sorta speak. With turbos there's always a trade off one way or the other.
You really can't beat the 7 blade duel plane for a do it all kinda wheel.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.