gtp38 Billet WW2 sales start

under pressure

Reaction score
Time will tell, hoping someone will test wheel rpms to see the numbers vs. assume, then, not everyone is looking to grow as you know. I dont see why everything is based on what a person can do later... Realisticaly, if you already have a 38R this is an easy, economical upgrade with the air flow capable of 600 hp. Im suprised it took 10 years for someone to design a line of performance wheels that work.

skylinedan

Reaction score
Just poking a little fun at you, Joe. I remember the times way back when you,d rant about how Garrett were nothing but a paper weight and all they did was leak. Could be worse, we could be talking about a TN , LOL. wow did that fail in every way. Now back on topic, LOL.

Dan

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
The only way you have to grow with a 38R is adding another turbo... A 38R even with this wheel will not last long at the boost levels required for 600hp. You can believe what you want, but a T4 set up is going to be far superior in every respect.

No Dan, thats not true... I hate surge... I'm sure you know everything about me, but do you know I still have a truck with a 38R on it??? Of course you did...

Thank you... I'm tired of people going an posting these big numbers thinking there true and there trucks gonna make 600. A 38r is a 450-500hp turbo end of story. If you bought a 38r wanting more power than that your not real bright.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
i see over on FTE the riff raff wheel is hitting the market...know one seems to have any info on it.. yet they all want it...

Who was dying to have one Ron?? I'm driving my truck right now with the billet wheel. I posted that thread with no intensive testing purposely because of your dbag posts/views.

I got a little more boost. It spools faster and cleans up smoke a lot better.

Why must you stir the pot? Is your existence that sad??

under pressure

Reaction score
Thank you... I'm tired of people going an posting these big numbers thinking there true and there trucks gonna make 600. A 38r is a 450-500hp turbo end of story. If you bought a 38r wanting more power than that your not real bright.

Opinions !

jkidd_39

Reaction score

Opinions !

Most of the 38r crowd I've talked to about billet are not chasing 600. Just looking for faster spooling characteristics. Especially guys with a 1.15 housing.

Not to say there isn't. There is always a few out of touch with reality haha

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I completely understand where some are coming from wanting one to cure surge or help spool up, but people shouldn't be buying them thinking they will make 600hp....

skylinedan

Reaction score
I,m looking at it as a way to get mine to light a little faster and pick up a few lbs of boost to boot is all. I agree on the 38r though, seems all it ever was good for was the 500 ish Hp level. after that we talked compounds. You can have it three ways, a small turd that spools fast, but has no top end, a big snail thats a turd on the bottom, but once it lights up watch out, all hell is gonna break loose, or compounds. The best of both worlds, bottom end, and top for when things get interesting.

Dan

under pressure

Reaction score
Facts....

Facts from an out of the box product ?
New fact has a billet wheeled 38R at 603 hp, is it a single occurance, idk, or is a well known company lying to us about a product that isnt marketed by them. Im asking as that truck was around 550 already.
Will it live at that level, who kows ?
What will Beans D66 truck show us, last i heard it was over 500hp as it is.
Then i wonder what truck Strictly is testing on?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Facts from an out of the box product ?
New fact has a billet wheeled 38R at 603 hp, is it a single occurance, idk, or is a well known company lying to us about a product that isnt marketed by them. Im asking as that truck was around 550 already.
Will it live at that level, who kows ?
What will Beans D66 truck show us, last i heard it was over 500hp as it is.
Then i wonder what truck Strictly is testing on?

Put that truck on a Dyno jet or take it to the race track then it's proven.. Untill then it's not. I'm not saying the wheel don't work but 600hp out of a 38r. How long have you been in the powerstroke game? Have you ever had a powerstroke over 300-350 hp? Do you have experience with a 38r making these number?

under pressure

Reaction score
Maybe give it time to prove or be disproven. Or continue to assume and you have a 50/50 chance of proof of what you say.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not trying to argue with anyone about what my truck makes or doesn't make.... I trust bill completely and he has no reason to lie, but I fully understand those numbers don't mean much to most people and until I can back them up some how such as going to the track people will question it and they have every right to do so . And honestly being my truck is a 8k lb 2wd dually that doesn't hook up for **** I doubt my et will be that of a truck making 600hp hopefully my mph will be there tho and i have no problem posting my time slips no matter what it shows... all im in this for is to have fun...And that's why other than than when people are discussing the wheel from bob I haven't really said much about it because I really don't want people thinking that i think hey if you want to make 600hp or more this is the cheapest,easiest,best,whatever way to get there.... Will my 38r live a long happy life at those power levels? I have no clue but you can bet if it blows up on its first pass down the track I will let you all know. This was just something I'm playing with while I get everything in place for bill to build me something capable of a lot more.... I do think bob has come up with a nice product and should work well in most of the 38r's that out there where people want just a little more from it

under pressure

Reaction score
A Dyno is a viable source with out question, runs on different dynos will show what's what.
Track times can be a crap shoot with out a doubt.

Latest posts

Members online