gtp38 Billet WW2 sales start

Dieselsite

Reaction score
What I look for more than actual hp numbers is the differential before and after on the dyno. A dyno is a tuning tool, and nothing more. We purchased a load dyno this year as well just for this purpose.

For instance, if a guy loads incorrect info in the dyno and gets a high or low number, and changes the part, then re-dynos the vehicle. As long as he saves his data, the after dyno will be run the same way and the change in hp is what is absolutely accurate, whether he dynoed high or low compared to a dyno somewhere else.

The wheel made 48hp over the stock 38R wheel, so while it is cool that he broke 600 on Bill's dyno, many are focusing on that and arguing whether it's possible or not. The real prize is the 48hp gain. I don't care who's dyno your on, or track you run, you're gonna feel that.

And when Bill posts the dyno graphs, you'll see what the graph looks like, and I believe the gains were even higher lower in the rpm range.

Bob

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thank you... I'm tired of people going an posting these big numbers thinking there true and there trucks gonna make 600. A 38r is a 450-500hp turbo end of story. If you bought a 38r wanting more power than that your not real bright.

Opinions !

Its a fact... I know you think your all that, but you have nothing to base your ideas on. You remind me of every other swinging dick that comes to these sites with a superchips tuner thinking there putting down 700hp and have the sticker to prove it.:doh:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
i see over on FTE the riff raff wheel is hitting the market...know one seems to have any info on it.. yet they all want it...

WTF is your issue?

Why do you hate on a vendor you have ZERO experience with?

Have you ever had ANY DIRECT EXPERANCE WITH RIFFRAFF OR A PRODUCT THEY SELL?

If not, STFU.

Christ man, just because its not printed on the internet doesn't mean there is not testing ongoing as we speak. Just because Bob has his testing done by Bill and his customers does not mean the same thing is not being done by Riffraff, but without the use of customers as a guinea pig.

under pressure

Reaction score
Thats pretty funny.
Facts were stock out of the box..... Thats been the general consensus for a long time now. Ya !
Maybe if you were there, youd be like daaamn thats impressive, but no, youd rather be a key board combatant throwing around demeaning concepts, and yet again prove your self unuseful to a thread about a product that you dont have.
I simply stated a fact that a truck, in this configuration made X amount of power, oddly enough its not even my info, just trying to figure out why its being said it cant be done, or the dyno is wrong, or PHP has no clue, i dont see what the deal is really besides those that question it, didnt do it.

Now if some one with the knowledge and info would test shaft speed and cfms of said configuration and show a compressor map, we might have something to talk about. Other wise we can assume what we want from the info that we have.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thats pretty funny.
Facts were stock out of the box..... Thats been the general consensus for a long time now. Ya !
Maybe if you were there, youd be like daaamn thats impressive, but no, youd rather be a key board combatant throwing around demeaning concepts, and yet again prove your self unuseful to a thread about a product that you dont have.
I simply stated a fact that a truck, in this configuration made X amount of power, oddly enough its not even my info, just trying to figure out why its being said it cant be done, or the dyno is wrong, or PHP has no clue, i dont see what the deal is really besides those that question it, didnt do it.

Now if some one with the knowledge and info would test shaft speed and cfms of said configuration and show a compressor map, we might have something to talk about. Other wise we can assume what we want from the info that we have.

I never said the number is not impressive... It is however a number... I can right now go throw a set of B codes in a completely stock truck, PMR truck in fact and make 550hp... It should make it 2 or 3 dyno pulls before the stock turbo ****s itself, or the rods come out the side...

The 38R is not a turbo that will support the boost and shaft speeds needed to hold up at the 600hp level. It will barely do 500-550.

No wheel will change the fact that the turbo is sized the way it is.

You have no idea how much time I have invested in testing drop in turbos for these trucks... I can have one out in less then 20 minutes from the time the hood goes up.

What I don't like is when people like yourself jump on the band wagons and start 15 threads about the same product on the same forum without any new or pertinent information.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
The truth...
I never said the number is not impressive... It is however a number... I can right now go throw a set of B codes in a completely stock truck, PMR truck in fact and make 550hp... It should make it 2 or 3 dyno pulls before the stock turbo ****s itself, or the rods come out the side...

The 38R is not a turbo that will support the boost and shaft speeds needed to hold up at the 600hp level. It will barely do 500-550.

You have no idea how much time I have invested in testing drop in turbos for these trucks... I can have one out in less then 20 minutes from the time the hood goes up.

What I don't like is when people like yourself jump on the band wagons and start 15 threads about the same product on the same forum without any new or pertinent information.

2000wa250

Reaction score
OK first of all...to say track times are a crap shoot? Hahaha "hey this is math and science, have we met?"

Last time I checked, using the wonderful skill of math you can calculate HP based on a single track run. Even with traction issues it is possible to get a ball park figure. This is USABLE HP.

Sure its impressive the change, but what if that change was from 400-448...don't think there would be so many people clamoring about this wheel.

Under pressure this isn't a situation of joe being a dick, its a situation of you going on multiple sites and basically pumping a product based on information that you did not achieve. What'd you say you saw? A uptick of 3 lbs of boost and a drop of 80* in egts? **** that can happen simply from the engine warming up completely and timing being locked in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

under pressure

Reaction score

-No wheel will change the fact that the turbo is sized the way it is.

I hear ya, though it doesnt explain how the wheel change was able to crank out this number. Maybe soon we will have boost and analog drive pressure #s to see the reality of this product. I dont have it my self (38R) but very interested as to what changed with the the dynamics of these turbos. It sounds as if the stock wheel was not 100% efficient to the given size of the turbo. Especially the stock gtp38 wheel. Though i dont believe the factory truck would have sold very well as loud as this wheel is )

15 threads.. Come on now

under pressure

Reaction score
OK first of all...to say track times are a crap shoot? Hahaha "hey this is math and science, have we met?"

Last time I checked, using the wonderful skill of math you can calculate HP based on a single track run. Even with traction issues it is possible to get a ball park figure. This is USABLE HP.

Under pressure this isn't a situation of joe being a dick, its a situation of you going on multiple sites and basically pumping a product based on information that you did not achieve. What'd you say you saw? A uptick of 3 lbs of boost and a drop of 80* in egts? **** that can happen simply from the engine warming up completely and timing being locked in.

Ive seen this math off by almost 60hp compared to what the dyno thought. My only experience with it mind you. so im a little hesitant as to what the math says. On a good hook and a good 60 ft, sure, some cant drive that well. Reaction, time, shifting, traction thats alot of variables imo. Versus one gear on a dyno pull. Still my opinion mind you.

*i lost 2 psi and dropped 70/80 deg. cruising around. Couldnt do that even with outside temps in the 40s.
Not that it matters to you, now lets find something constructive to discuss.

2000wa250

Reaction score
And I've watched a dyno throw out numbers on almost identical set ups that were 200 different...

under pressure

Reaction score
Really, havent seen that, atleast not in person. I have two dynos just down the street,
Dyno jet inertia with no brake and a Mustang eddy with a brake. Id like to see the numbers between them at some point. I no everynone says one is better and one usually reads higher, which is which in this case ?

2000wa250

Reaction score
I've seen it happen on the same day with nothing but a few hours separating the runs

Dieselsite

Reaction score

What shaft speed is the max? What boost is the max and with what drive pressure?

When you change efficiency of a turbo, IOWs, more air flow per rpm, you do in fact change the "size". In fact, I've stated it before. Garrett did this with the 4294 vs the 4294X. Billet wheel, more boost, 15% more air flow.

Bob

Reaction score
WTF is your issue?

Why do you hate on a vendor you have ZERO experience with?

Have you ever had ANY DIRECT EXPERANCE WITH RIFFRAFF OR A PRODUCT THEY SELL?

If not, STFU.

Christ man, just because its not printed on the internet doesn't mean there is not testing ongoing as we speak. Just because Bob has his testing done by Bill and his customers does not mean the same thing is not being done by Riffraff, but without the use of customers as a guinea pig.
:eek:fftopic
i posted up for the guy's that want to compare wheels... nothing more..and your right..I do not have any experience with him nor will I ever.. IMO he is a copy cat parts maker and I don't like the way they push his parts over the sponsors that have spent time and $$ proven there parts and got the 7.3 to where it is today...ill spend an extra few $$$ with them first.....ill say nothing more about this.....

CSIPSD

Reaction score
:eek:fftopic
i posted up for the guy's that want to compare wheels... nothing more..and your right..I do not have any experience with him nor will I ever.. IMO he is a copy cat parts maker and I don't like the way they push his parts over the sponsors that have spent time and $$ proven there parts and got the 7.3 to where it is today...ill spend an extra few $$$ with them first.....ill say nothing more about this.....

Your so full of **** man...

What parts has he copy catted?

You don't know what RiffRaff has done, or what has been tested. You don't know, because until it works, its not sent out for GQ Public to test on his or her truck.

And "THEY" meaning who? People who have used them and been treated very well, with perfect customer service and not one speck of unprofessionalism?

Please post ONE product that is a copy... Just one...

Pull your head out of your ass.

Charles

Reaction score
Well this thread took a turn for sh*t town...

Sounds like the wheels work well. Also sounds like some people would like to see some uncorrected inertia Dynojet pulls to get an idea of just how well. Even an incremental gain would be different if the overall recorded outputs changed substantially, fwiw.

I do understand that the wheel can allow the charger to make more power without more stress though. If the wheel is more efficient, then the charger can move more air without increasing rpm, or increasing PR.

I think these wheel options that seem to WORK, like this one seems to, are really awesome.

Tom S

Reaction score
Time to end the arguement Joe and Ron. You both had your say.

Latest posts

Members online