Gtp38r?

cjfarm111

Reaction score
The sxe64.5 is in between the stock turbo and the 38r for noise in my opinion. It sounds good and performs great

fastersteve

Reaction score
My first GT38R was great! Until it started dumping oil down the exhaust.

I'm prettty unimpressed with it's replacement, rather slow to spool and doesn't make as much boost. Barely any better than the stocker.

Still have the red ass over spent money for lackluster results...might have to try the KC38R if/when I get over it.

emev0l

Reaction score
My first GT38R was great! Until it started dumping oil down the exhaust.

I'm prettty unimpressed with it's replacement, rather slow to spool and doesn't make as much boost. Barely any better than the stocker.

Still have the red ass over spent money for lackluster results...might have to try the KC38R if/when I get over it.

With what injectors?

Swaan

Reaction score
Its a what, 15 year old 66mm turbo.
There is much better options out there now with much better results over that 38r. Not that its that bad but the new stuff out there now is just that good.!.

Heck, im probley going to go to a 62mm sxe soon with a .83 waste gated t4 housing and new A/Cs.
Should be on par with a 6.4 for bottem end grunt...lol
All while being wisper clean.

Last edited:

Swaan

Reaction score
No A/Cs are stage 1 160cc with a stock nozzle.

Im tired of the smoke and haze when cold.
Im done with reman injectors. Going with brand new , just want a truck that behaves like stock but still pulls hard.
Some thing i can let my 16 year old daughter drive and not fog out the hwy if she floors it . Lol.
Too many quirks with bigger nozzles i dont like.. idk maybe im just fussy..lol or just getting old.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
No A/Cs are stage 1 160cc with a stock nozzle.

Im tired of the smoke and haze when cold.
Im done with reman injectors. Going with brand new , just want a truck that behaves like stock but still pulls hard.
Some thing i can let my 16 year old daughter drive and not fog out the hwy if she floors it . Lol.
Too many quirks with bigger nozzles i dont like.. idk maybe im just fussy..lol or just getting old.

We sell a lot of new AC code injectors for these exact reasons. Reliable, no bad street manners, and they still offer a nice bump in power over stock (especially for an OBS).

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Smoked the stock turbo last night and looking to do the upgrade.
I was thinking KC turbo but know found one from XS Power that has similar mods and 4 year warranty.
Haven't heard much feedback on either.
What say you?

Just sharing info... not bashing. I have never heard of anyone running one of those XS turbos but I have been accused of simply selling the same thing for more... so let me explain the differences.

First off our ball bearings are about twice as big and are more robust

The XS turbo is a single ball bearing, ours turbos are dual ball bearings

We use billet compressor wheels vs cast wheels

We use a larger 70mm turbine wheel vs the stock 68mm turbine wheel

We use a larger big head waste gate actuator vs stock

Our KC38r comes withe the high flow non-ebpv outlet flange

There are a lot more subtle differences... but those are the most important.

So... when you get down to the gritty details... the KC38r has very little in common with the XS turbo. Once again not bashing, just pointing out the differences.

We have had great luck with the KC38r. It is actually our most popular turbo we sell right now. We were having a hard time keeping them on the shelves for half of the year. We also have plans for a few changes coming early in 2017 which should be a game changer for the 7.3 guys.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just sharing info... not bashing. I have never heard of anyone running one of those XS turbos but I have been accused of simply selling the same thing for more... so let me explain the differences.

So... when you get down to the gritty details... the KC38r has very little in common with the XS turbo. Once again not bashing, just pointing out the differences.

We have had great luck with the KC38r. It is actually our most popular turbo we sell right now. We were having a hard time keeping them on the shelves for half of the year. We also have plans for a few changes coming early in 2017 which should be a game changer for the 7.3 guys.

What's the largest fueled setup you've ran that on?

psduser1

Reaction score

I like game-changers....Tell us more!:clapping:

Reaction score
I like game-changers....Tell us more!:clapping:
Yeah, tell us more. Y'all working on some in between sizes and maybe bigger too?

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

Reaction score
Or y'all have a way to get a vgt to Work

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

79jasper

Reaction score
That's already been done a long time ago. Lol
But there's a reason people move away from vgt turbos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lightning95

Reaction score

Ordered the KC38 and it came in Friday. Waiting on the boots to come in and doing the install Saturday.
I'll give an update later.
Guess I'll have to checkout some AC injectors was unaware of using them.

Latest posts

Members online