Gtp38r?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Ordered the KC38 and it came in Friday. Waiting on the boots to come in and doing the install Saturday.
I'll give an update later.
Guess I'll have to checkout some AC injectors was unaware of using them.

Who did you order the turbo through? If it was missing the boot then send us an email and we will get you one sent out right away

[email protected]

KCTurbos

Reaction score
What's the largest fueled setup you've ran that on?

We have a guy running 300/200s and loves it... but it does not clean them up completely.

We have a few guys running 250/200 and they report that it is a great match, cleans up good

As to be expected, 238/100s clean up great.

I am going be be starting a 7.3 build next year... Goal is to make a drop in turbo that cleans up 300/200s or maybe even 350/200s. I know... don't bash me to hard about the 200% nozzles LOL

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I like game-changers....Tell us more!:clapping:

We are trying to keep it on the down low, we have fears of guys knocking off our ideas. But I can tell you that it will involve more sizes/options and hopefully offering a bigger option that cleans up 300/200s.

No it will not be VGT

psduser1

Reaction score
We have a guy running 300/200s and loves it... but it does not clean them up completely.

We have a few guys running 250/200 and they report that it is a great match, cleans up good

As to be expected, 238/100s clean up great.

I am going be be starting a 7.3 build next year... Goal is to make a drop in turbo that cleans up 300/200s or maybe even 350/200s. I know... don't bash me to hard about the 200% nozzles LOL

I can appreciate that.
A few size variations would be great! Loving the support!:walkin:
A decently sized waste gate provision would be a nice addition.

Last edited:

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I ordered directly from your website last Sunday. I'll check the box when I get home today. My name is Jeff Arns. Thanks

Check the box and let us know. Someone from the shop should have contacted you earlier just in case. We will get one shipped out ASAP if needed.

TyCorr

Reaction score
We are trying to keep it on the down low, we have fears of guys knocking off our ideas. But I can tell you that it will involve more sizes/options and hopefully offering a bigger option that cleans up 300/200s.

No it will not be VGT

I won't. Its time people put some effort into making them a go to. Best nozzle ive used.

My 38r is still tight as a drum otherwise id try a kc38r. Im getting more and more interested in a set of compounds so im not sure what is next.

lightning95

Reaction score
Redline vacuum tube should I hook it up on the new turbo or leave it disconnected the way it is now?

Countrycar

Reaction score
Now you got my attention, drop in replacement that'll clean up 300/200's. I currently run 3/2's and a 38R with a 6X6 wheel Gh stage 1 cam w PP heads. The 38R won't clean it up at all, especially down low. Yup, I'm all ears on this one..

David N

Reaction score
Now you got my attention, drop in replacement that'll clean up 300/200's. I currently run 3/2's and a 38R with a 6X6 wheel Gh stage 1 cam w PP heads. The 38R won't clean it up at all, especially down low. Yup, I'm all ears on this one..

Hey finally another guy with a setup like mine. I have so many people tell me it's a stupid setup. Mine actually runs pretty damn good.

MeTo

Reaction score
I have the TP38r and I'm happy with it. I would like to see a 3" compressor discharge port option. I installed the 6.0 IC and 3" SD intake plenums at the same time as the turbo. The stock OBS 2" flange looks comical next to the 3" SD wye.

I tried to upload a pic; "This is not a valid image file." It's wye.jpg 395 x 270 97 kb.

Countrycar

Reaction score
DavidN,I don't think it's a bad set up at all, it just takes some work to get it all to run just right. I have mainly, smoke, and egt issues right now. The stage 1 cam, Bts twins, and PP heads need the right charger to make it all work, and the 38R w 6x6 just wont' do it. I have a constant haze and smoke on tip in and in Ca that just doesn't work. I only have about 8,500 miles on the new build, so as you can see I'm still doing some tweaking. I built the engine with the intention on using the gtx4294r on it, I just wanted to break in the engine first, before going to crazy. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Sxe369s w gate, or the S468 which would put me at around $ 3,800 give or take a few hundred w gate, but now after what Charlie/KCTurbos just put out there, I'm gonna wait for this charger. I really like having the drop in BB type turbos, they lite a little quicker and should be some what cheaper to just bolt right up. I'm real excited about this one. I apologize guys if I got to far off the Op's original thread.

Latest posts

Members online