GTX4088R?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
So right now I'm running a BW S366 with a billet wheel and overall I'm happy with the setup, especially now with the CED t4 up pipes.

Now that we've got these s366's spooling so well I can't help but wonder how much better a ball bearing charger would do, I was looking at a precision 6466 but I don't want to give up any power to a smaller wheel, that brought me to the new GTX4088R.

On paper it seems like it would be a badass charger, it has a 65mm compressor wheel and the website lists the turbine wheel at 77mm not sure if that's the inducer or exducer, I know Garrett lists turbo specs a little differently than others.. And as far as housings go they have t4 divided options of: .85, .95, and 1.06.

I know they're expensive, the one I was looking at is $1,825.00 + shipping. But if you set the cost aspect aside what do you guys think? Even cleaner running setup with maybe a little more power? Or just Stick with ol reliable..

May even try it out on my 6.4.. Want a single turbo but need to tow, I'm all over the place.. Lol.

Last edited:

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I'm running a GTX4088R on my 6.4 with a .95 and I love it on stock fuel. It drives really nice and moves some air. WOT it runs cooler than my 66 did. Yes they are a T4 Divided housing. You will have to change the hot side i/c pipe and the down pipe a little for it to work. And plumb coolant lines (heater hose is where i tapped into).

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm running a GTX4088R on my 6.4 with a .95 and I love it on stock fuel. It drives really nice and moves some air. Yes they are a T4 Divided housing. You will have to change the hot side i/c pipe and the down pipe a little for it to work. And plumb coolant lines (heater hose is where i tapped into).

Yeah I know I will.. I'll just sell my 366 as an entire kit and have Matt fab me an entire setup with a gate if I go this route.

How's the spoolup? You used to have a 366 right?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Yeah I know I will.. I'll just sell my 366 as an entire kit and have Matt fab me an entire setup with a gate if I go this route.

How's the spoolup? You used to have a 366 right?

Yes I did. It lights way faster and harder than the 66. Sounds like a dyson LOL. It does take a little used to and some tweaking to the tuning, but it's really fun. it'll climb from 10psi to 40psi in a hurry. +45psi is where the efficiency range runs out on this charger but the volume is more than what a 66 is running at 50psi per say.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
My 66 only makes 42psi on my truck anyway.. The only complaint I have with my s366 is how sensitive it is to ambient temps and humidity.. My truck runs like a raped ape early in the morning on my way to work, and it's noticeably smokier and laggier on my way home. I'm just looking for the ultimate street setup because I drive my play truck more than anything else.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Gotchya. My 66 did the same but I will say the GTX does it too just not as bad. Well you have the fuel to do a 66 that's for sure. I don't see why this GTX wouldn't be a fun charger on it. I always thought they would be fun on a 7.3 myself and 6.0 I think would be flat cool. I actually had to pull fueling outta the bottom because it spools so easy i was over fueling it down low.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Sounds like it will do exactly what I'm looking for.. Thanks Cody!

Oh yeah.. What stall converter you have?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I'm running a 2k stall and it seem's to work well. I need to go a tad higher imo. Your 2200 should work fine. If you want a price on a GTX, let me know. :thumbsup:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm running a 2k stall and it seem's to work well. I need to go a tad higher imo. Your 2200 should work fine. If you want a price on a GTX, let me know. :thumbsup:

Yeah mine isn't exactly a 2200 unfortunately, I need to ship it out to restall it, but that's what I'll shoot for on the restall.

I'll let you know, thanks.

matt92idi

Reaction score
I looked at the same turbo for a while but Iv heard some say they have some surging issues when being run as a single. I know a lot of the dodge guys who run them use both a blow off valve and a wastegate to keep them happy. The gt4094r might be another option with your 205s to flow a little more air

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I looked at the same turbo for a while but Iv heard some say they have some surging issues when being run as a single. I know a lot of the dodge guys who run them use both a blow off valve and a wastegate to keep them happy. The gt4094r might be another option with your 205s to flow a little more air

I've had zero surging with mine. Even up in higher elevation. Turbo bark yes a couple times if I chopped the throttle, but it's rare.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.