H&S 6.7 Breaking Point

HD F250

Reaction score
WOW....I guess the motor is better than most of us thought with the right tuning and turbos. I may see a 6.7 in my future for a DD/tow pig!

H&S, thanks for the test, very cool. Pumped for round 2!!!!

01PSD

Reaction score
Just one thing I'd like to add..
One truck doing this on this one day is NOT evidence of a solid reliable engine at these levels..
But it is awesome :D

Lang

Reaction score
Did nobody notice that something blew up from the motor? Maybe a boot? Looked like compressed air maybe nitro?

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this was FUN. We learned a lot, and next time will be WAY better. The trans slipped a little on the last 884HP run, but I assume it will be just fine at my fuel only numbers. I'll drive it home tonight and let you know.

You can watch the graph and see as soon as torque peaks, trans lets loose for a second. Hard to say whether it was converter slip or another clutch, but it definitely didn't like 1670 lb/ft of torque.

While this does NOT prove that this engine is capable of living at these levels, I am still impressed with the performance. :thumbup:

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Just one thing I'd like to add..
One truck doing this on this one day is NOT evidence of a solid reliable engine at these levels..
But it is awesome :D

Virtually no engine is truly reliable at those levels...you are tempting fate at anything over stock really, but I have thought all along that it was only going to take some time with tuning before the fears of 550hp tops on a stock bottom end were put to rest.

I do think that whatever single turbo they have on there helped the cause. The stock turbo works AWESOME for what it was designed to do, but when turned up I think it is too much, too low in the RPM's...stock turbo trucks make peak torque REALLY low, this one was somewhere around 2500rpms.

01platinum

Reaction score
That was great to watch. Ready to see what comes in the following weeks. That engine really impressed me today with the runs.

3brorce

Reaction score
yup yup ^^^. Guarantee in two weeks when they put nitro back to her on the dyno for bigger numbers, the trans aint gonna hold it especially since she is already hurt some.

Latest posts

Members online