H&S 6.7 Breaking Point

WHY NOT

Reaction score
So when can we buy the turbo set up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Try shooting bently a PM or something like that, maybe you all can work something out even though I doubt H&S is really ready to release it.

Although I am not ready to buy I can't wait to see the kit released and a few trucks run it for a while. I really want an honest 650hp truck that I can easily turn down a little tow 20K with all day long

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Virtually no engine is truly reliable at those levels...you are tempting fate at anything over stock really, but I have thought all along that it was only going to take some time with tuning before the fears of 550hp tops on a stock bottom end were put to rest.

I do think that whatever single turbo they have on there helped the cause. The stock turbo works AWESOME for what it was designed to do, but when turned up I think it is too much, too low in the RPM's...stock turbo trucks make peak torque REALLY low, this one was somewhere around 2500rpms.

single billet charger is the key you got that right man!:ford:

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just one thing I'd like to add..
One truck doing this on this one day is NOT evidence of a solid reliable engine at these levels..
But it is awesome :D

yeah but it shows spe is going in the wrong direction by twinning.
Its the tuning and single setup that holds them together

907DAVE

Reaction score
My opinion, the damage is already done. Just because it pulled good power a few times on a dyno and didnt have a catastrophic failure doesn't mean a rod isn't going to pop a week from now just tooling down the road.

How many people have blown a rod on a dyno? How many blow them driving like they are on there way to church?

Either way, its impressive what they did today!

01PSD

Reaction score
SPE is NOT in the compounding game at the moment, at least that's not their main focus I don't think. Their main focus at the moment is on a drop-in replacement for the factory single and another single as well. Everyone lives and learns with new products.

01PSD

Reaction score
My opinion, the damage is already done. Just because it pulled good power a few times on a dyno and didnt have a catastrophic failure doesn't mean a rod isn't going to pop a week from now just tooling down the road.

How many people have blown a rod on a dyno? How many blow them driving like they are on there way to church?

Exactly!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
SPE is NOT in the compounding game at the moment, at least that's not their main focus I don't think. Their main focus at the moment is on a drop-in replacement for the factory single and another single as well. Everyone lives and learns with new products.

The truck they are building now is getting compounds

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
That's an all out competition truck with a fully built engine ;)

It may be getting a full built engine, but it will not be an all out competition truck. They're building the truck for DPC yes, but it's going to be his daily driver after the competition with the same set up

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

Exactly my thoughts!!! You never see the failure on a dyno or track. Its low rpms getting on the free way

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.