H&S CCV Delete How-to/Guide

Notneb

Reaction score
No prob! Going to run it hard today and see what the temps are :p Will post with the updates!

Mechcont

Reaction score
Notneb how is this setup holding up? I hate the smell and have to do something soon. Did you tap threads into the exhaust pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Notneb how is this setup holding up? I hate the smell and have to do something soon. Did you tap threads into the exhaust pipe?

Here's my so called "build" thread, I recently re-did my setup! Hope this helps! I don't ever smell the oil vapor unless I'm at a light with a strong tail wind.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64954&page=12

Cost me nothing, bout an hour of labor to bend and weld the pipe.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Here's my so called "build" thread, I recently re-did my setup! Hope this helps! I don't ever smell the oil vapor unless I'm at a light with a strong tail wind.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64954&page=12

Cost me nothing, bout an hour of labor to bend and weld the pipe.

Do you have any oil consumption between oil changes? I am wanting to keep the oil separator and still reroute to exhaust like you have. Think you can keep the box with the midwest ss piping? will it fit?

Notneb

Reaction score
Do you have any oil consumption between oil changes? I am wanting to keep the oil separator and still reroute to exhaust like you have. Think you can keep the box with the midwest ss piping? will it fit?

1/2 a qt per 10k miles. You can't keep the stock CCV filter if you do Midwest's kit. I'm not sure about other kits. There may be a way to keep the filter, just put it inline with the hose going to the exhaust, but you're better off just using a coelescing filter.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
1/2 a qt per 10k miles. You can't keep the stock CCV filter if you do Midwest's kit. I'm not sure about other kits. There may be a way to keep the filter, just put it inline with the hose going to the exhaust, but you're better off just using a coelescing filter.

Yeah ok thanks, I was just trying to keep the filter as a trap/separator(as it was designed and installed already). I figured it would catch some of the oil and haze. Don't really want to buy a $200 catch can that I have to drain, like the way factory drains into valve cover and can use my money for a turbo:). Was hoping it would Result maybe just air coming out the ccv tube.

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah ok thanks, I was just trying to keep the filter as a trap/separator(as it was designed and installed already). I figured it would catch some of the oil and haze. Don't really want to buy a $200 catch can that I have to drain, like the way factory drains into valve cover and can use my money for a turbo:). Was hoping it would Result maybe just air coming out the ccv tube.

Sadly the factory filter does NOT drain to the valve cover, just runs it through the intake. That was the deciding factor for me. Also it's not hard to make your own in-line filter, but yes you would have to drain it unless you ran it back into the intake I suppose.

Reaction score

Our turbo kit works with the factory CCV box and includes our CCV reroute that attaches to the factory box, which does drain back into the motor.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Our turbo kit works with the factory CCV box and includes our CCV reroute that attaches to the factory box, which does drain back into the motor.

Dallas would you recommend this kit for my truck that has 148k miles? I bought the truck stock with 137k miles and did the ******s then.

jcain

Reaction score
There's a guy with a h&s kit for sale in the performance sale section.

nbh1226

Reaction score
Absolutely man. It's never too late to put quality product on your truck!

Dallas,

For the adapter kit what side of the CCV box is being unhooked? I'm trying to visualize it. Does the hose running from the box to the intake unhook?

Thanks

Reaction score
Yes, that's correct. There is a lock fitting that unhooks from the intake and plugs into our adapter fitting that you attach the hose to.

You can see what I'm talking about in the picture.

Attachments

• 122006a-2.jpg
    122006a-2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 86

nbh1226

Reaction score
Yes, that's correct. There is a lock fitting that unhooks from the intake and plugs into our adapter fitting that you attach the hose to.

You can see what I'm talking about in the picture.

Got it. So unhooks from intake, intake is plugged, adapter connects to former intake connect and hose is attached to that.

Then runs down to bottom of frame. So oil will stay in the engine/CCV box correct?

nbh1226

Reaction score
So I got the less expensive adapter kit but stupid me lost the rubber plug (my mind races 100mph and I do this a lot). Any alternative or replacement I can find? I messaged Dallas to see what he says.

Notneb

Reaction score
So I got the less expensive adapter kit but stupid me lost the rubber plug (my mind races 100mph and I do this a lot). Any alternative or replacement I can find? I messaged Dallas to see what he says.

It's a 1" OD pipe, would hit up Lowes/Home Depot and see if they have any 1"ID caps.
004_zpsdthe0y1n.jpg

nbh1226

Reaction score
It's a 1" OD pipe, would hit up Lowes/Home Depot and see if they have any 1"ID caps.

004_zpsdthe0y1n.jpg

I found the little stinkin cap! Got the hose off (luckily i had better access from EGR being gone). But that corrugated hose broke! In 2 places. Tape it together nicely with electrical tape and everything seems fine. Thank you!

Latest posts

Members online