H&S vs SCT ??

14ccd

Reaction score
I don't need to change my settings. My truck weighs 11,000lbs and I don't want or need high temps so I will use the lowest setting I guess 50HP. I just want quicker trans shifts and better throttle response. It will feel quicker with those changes, the extra HP and torque is a bonus. And of course delete capable. Custom tunes and someone willing to listen to my needs and wants and then supplying those are what makes a good business relationship and customers who come back.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Not trying to cheese you or anyone else off, but your best bet is to take it to PM's or pick up a phone as there are too many eyes out there watching. Just trying to help out with the cause.

Chris
either way is fine. didnt know it was supposed to be a secret. most guys that offer the custom sct tunes usually have their own tuners... didnt know if bigr was getting tunes from someone else or contracted his own tuner. that is all..

chris1978

Reaction score
I don't need to change my settings. My truck weighs 11,000lbs and I don't want or need high temps so I will use the lowest setting I guess 50HP. I just want quicker trans shifts and better throttle response. It will feel quicker with those changes, the extra HP and torque is a bonus. And of course delete capable. Custom tunes and someone willing to listen to my needs and wants and then supplying those are what makes a good business relationship and customers who come back.
I ordered up a Livewire and a bunch of other goodies from Mike yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it installed before I go back to work at the end of this month but I doubt it...

I'm in the same boat as you. Want a good shifting tow file and street file. Not too concerned about shift on the fly etc.

browning1

Reaction score
I have two brothers that live down the road from me. One with a '13 with h&s xrt w/deletes and the other '14 sct x4 w/deletes. The sct x4 had the download issues but that was a easy fix. Main difference i notice right off the bat was the 14 has a really loud turbo whistle where as the '13 sounds like a gasser according to my wife. Both trucks have straight pipe 4' exhaust. Power wise i like the sct x4 alot better. More power and cheaper than h&s

azdbllung

Reaction score
I have two brothers that live down the road from me. One with a '13 with h&s xrt w/deletes and the other '14 sct x4 w/deletes. The sct x4 had the download issues but that was a easy fix. Main difference i notice right off the bat was the 14 has a really loud turbo whistle where as the '13 sounds like a gasser according to my wife. Both trucks have straight pipe 4' exhaust. Power wise i like the sct x4 alot better. More power and cheaper than h&s

Great, Im now on the fence about selling my mini maxx for the SCT. Do you guys think that since H&S has dissolved their DPF off tuning, i should go with an SCT product? It seems that now that there are companies writing tunes for them, the support may be better. Also, if something happens to my H&S (Glitch or something), id have to find another $1800 tuner? Seems like a gamble at this point. Im stumped... Can i get some input from experienced ppl?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Great, Im now on the fence about selling my mini maxx for the SCT. Do you guys think that since H&S has dissolved their DPF off tuning, i should go with an SCT product? It seems that now that there are companies writing tunes for them, the support may be better. Also, if something happens to my H&S (Glitch or something), id have to find another $1800 tuner? Seems like a gamble at this point. Im stumped... Can i get some input from experienced ppl?

Why would you do that? Keep what u have.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Don't do it the SCT is a cheaper alternative to the minimaxx. I rather have the minimaxx over the SCT because of MCC and tuners like gearhead etc. Keep it don't get rid of the minimaxx.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
keep the Mini. WAY better than an SCT IMO

H&S still supports their products. If you have a problem with your tuner, they will take care of you.

Latest posts

Members online