hard or no start with a p1670

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
D, i have a stockpile of hts101 original black cps's and i happen to have one in my 6.7 just incase i run across someone needing one... i might be able to get a minute away from work to send you one if you would like to try one? or i can find the websites to order them from again and send you the link...

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Dz- Are those the ones you got from me? If so, I am 99% sure those were working good when I had put them on the shelf. It seems odd for 2 sets of injectors to act exactly the same way.

I have another set here that I am 150% sure are perfect working order that ill send out to you if want to try them.

Did you ever pull the ipr and clean it or get to change the cps?

Yes they are the same injectors i got from you, another reason i am doubting injectors the symptom basically never changed.

I did try and CPS a while back and that got rid of the cutting out portion of it.

I did not Pull the IPR and clean it. I am home with some sick kids tomorrow so if they are feeling better ill check the res and the IPR and see how they look.

79jasper

Reaction score
Instead of just cleaning the IPR, I would swap a new/known good one.
Though it's rarer, had one with a failing solenoid.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I might have a good IPR around
I did not swap the IDM relay. When it doesnt start its trying pretty hard to run you can here it fire on a couple cylinders.

I went out today the RES was full and it started fine.

The one thing i didnt do was get it all the way up to temperature before i parked it.

That is one consistancy it only seams to not start unless the previous drive cycle was up to full temperature. If i start it while its cold let it run say 5 min and shut it back off, it will start 3 days later cold no problem.

Jomax

Reaction score
D, i have a stockpile of hts101 original black cps's and i happen to have one in my 6.7 just incase i run across someone needing one... i might be able to get a minute away from work to send you one if you would like to try one? or i can find the websites to order them from again and send you the link...

live life full throttle

Please send me the link, I'd buy like 20.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
that offer was for Dz... not you... lol.. jk. you where prolly in my thread that has the link in it anyway...

live life full throttle

I think I shed a tear, lol

I remember that thread faintly, to the search button I go. (Which sucks btw)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No codes at this point.

Hard starting after a full heat cycle and then sitting for about 3 days. In process of re checking the hpop res.

Runs smooth at this point after start up not necessarily right away but no cutting out

Truck has another set of used injectors
New grey cps
5w40 oil