• Yes for under 15k

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • RUN

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
id really hate to see her go to be honest. Ive got bills though, and a race truck that needs some love

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Exactly what I posted when this was asked on PSN

Quote:
That report has nothing really that would warrant a lemon law buy back IMHO unless some original pages are missing?

like pages showing it was in the shop for the same problem numerous times or for an extended period something that would warrant a buy back.

I can see it probably had an aftermarket exhaust so they put a OEM with cat back on because they had to to resell it IMO

and the typical chrome failure on the grill
a hung caliper but no real probs other than that mention of an oil leak
Exactly what I was thinking. If the truck got lemoned, that Oasis report is FAR from complete. Going by what the oasis we have at hand says, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on that truck.

OP if you are truly interested in that Harley, I'd pull a carfax on it. That should give you any flags on the title.

Oh, and I wouldn't be paying any extra for ANY warranty. And I wouldn't count on the warranty actually paying for anything if you do. In fact quite a few warranty companies specifically exclude the 6.0.

dp42

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
oh please buy this truck and keep us updated on how much money we get to watch you dump into it. 6.0 from the factory is a piece of ****, why would you want a ford labeled peice of ****. haha I really want you to jump on it though! Id like to see how much it take you to get it back running. I bet if you buy it you will spend a minimum of 30k with a yr or less. Probably more like 35k.

AKHILF

Reaction score
What was the point of that dp? There's no way he's going to spend 30 or 35k your smoking crack. I still wouldnt pay that much for a lemon but still your way off base. Do you own a 6.0? I can't see signatures on my phone.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
oh please buy this truck and keep us updated on how much money we get to watch you dump into it. 6.0 from the factory is a piece of ****, why would you want a ford labeled peice of ****. haha I really want you to jump on it though! Id like to see how much it take you to get it back running. I bet if you buy it you will spend a minimum of 30k with a yr or less. Probably more like 35k.

Wow, you are just full of useful info huh?

Zmann

Reaction score
What was the point of that dp? There's no way he's going to spend 30 or 35k your smoking crack. I still wouldnt pay that much for a lemon but still your way off base. Do you own a 6.0? I can't see signatures on my phone.

He's a bitter Man polluting all the 6.0 sections with His useless whiny rants

Snake

Reaction score

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

idkillinit

Reaction score
Who pissed in your cornflakes?

Obs 7.3 is my guess. Anyone who owns them and can't afford a nicer truck just talks about the best motor ever. Bla bla bla.

This doesn't refer to everyone who owns a obs or 7.3. I love those trucks. Just refers to the people with this mentality

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
He is looking into dozer's truck, just waiting on some more detailed pictures and videos of how it looks and runs currently.

I will ask though, wouldn't you guys be worried about buying a truck that had over 700hp on a stock motor? Arp stud's yes, but that can not be good on things.

The trans was gone through so not to worried about that, with new clutch packs and a stock used converter that he had.

Dozer has been helpful with all questions so far, and old power levels aren't a deal breaker, would just like others input.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I would be glad to get compression checks done as well as have the injectors rebuilt and 120 days of fresh warranty. I completely understand being skeptical about a stock motor, let alone a 6.0 with north of 700 on it. It is turn key and ready to go, I would not hesitate towing the donzi (18,000+ lbs) on a road trip. It also still has a fuel system as well as over 3,000 in stereo equipment. I really am not forced to sell it but if the right price comes along she will have a new home. thanks for the interest.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
A 700hp would scare me away unless it was neglected. Its all in the care and time taken on it. And i bet JJ took care of it. You can look at it and tell it was taken care of.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Everyone is different but personally, I'm the kind of guy that would rather build it than buy it. You get the opportunity to do it exactly the way you want it. Yeah its easy enough to change things up the way you want them, but once you get your hands on something already built its easy to get complacent and "settle" for the way it is.

JJs truck is very nice though. Nice enough to make a guy seriously reconsider any hangups about build it vs. buy it thing.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Everyone is different but personally, I'm the kind of guy that would rather build it than buy it. You get the opportunity to do it exactly the way you want it. Yeah its easy enough to change things up the way you want them, but once you get your hands on something already built its easy to get complacent and "settle" for the way it is.

JJs truck is very nice though. Nice enough to make a guy seriously reconsider any hangups about build it vs. buy it thing.

But he is looking at a truck thats the same price abouts as JJ's, and thats not counting the thousands JJ has put into his. Not many people can buy a $25K truck and then dump $10K back into it. I understand the built not bought thing but i think its putting down the guys that want to be here but dont have the mechanical ability or time to build one. Why buy a bone stock truck for $25K when you can buy a 700hp truck for $25K.

Does any of that rambling make sense ? LOL

idkillinit

Reaction score
It's not 700 HP. Stock turbo. Stock injectors. It was 700hp. Now its stock with studs and wheels. Very nice truck but not 700 HP. Is def buy it over the other one tho

Snake

Reaction score
If you know what you're looking for and are confident the work has been done right, you can save a ton of money "buying" instead of "building."

Years ago I was looking for a Harley Fatboy and had all my future mods planned out. I just happened to find one for sale that was EXACTLY what I was planning on building. I got it for a good price and probably saved $15k in mod money.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
But he is looking at a truck thats the same price abouts as JJ's, and thats not counting the thousands JJ has put into his. Not many people can buy a $25K truck and then dump $10K back into it. I understand the built not bought thing but i think its putting down the guys that want to be here but dont have the mechanical ability or time to build one. Why buy a bone stock truck for $25K when you can buy a 700hp truck for $25K.

Does any of that rambling make sense ? LOL
It wasn't meant as a putdown. Like I said everyone is different. Most guys have to buy work at some point. Machine work is a good example. But I totally get what you're saying. Lack of tools and equipment can be another big hurdle for someone getting into this game. Gathering all the stuff to do some of these jobs properly can double the cost of mods.

I have much respect for those guys that may not neccessarily have the mechanical knowlege to work on this stuff, but spend time and research to wrap their head around it and gain the ability.

One of the advantages JJ's truck has in this situation is that it's a known good runner. OTOH, theres lot's of question marks about the other truck. If I were in the market, I'd jump on JJ's truck. The wife and I have wanted his and hers Harleys for a long time.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
It wasn't meant as a putdown. Like I said everyone is different. Most guys have to buy work at some point. Machine work is a good example. But I totally get what you're saying. Lack of tools and equipment can be another big hurdle for someone getting into this game. Gathering all the stuff to do some of these jobs properly can double the cost of mods.

I have much respect for those guys that may not neccessarily have the mechanical knowlege to work on this stuff, but spend time and research to wrap their head around it and gain the ability.

One of the advantages JJ's truck has in this situation is that it's a known good runner. OTOH, theres lot's of question marks about the other truck. If I were in the market, I'd jump on JJ's truck. The wife and I have wanted his and hers Harleys for a long time.

The whole built not bought thing gets brought up a lot, I happen to not mind paying a shop to do something i don't have the resources to do... I have seen some people spend way more doing something themselves than if they paid a shop to do it and it still not work right... Oh and I think jj's truck is a good deal and if I had the cash would jump all over it!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.