Have fun 7.3 guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000wa250

Reaction score
And that doesn't even begin to address the physical differences in oil viscosity between 145* and 215*. I'm sorry but a test at 145* does not mimic a rigorous in truck test. I have a 180* t stat, with twin termies, and 3 minutes at highway speeds and my oil temps stabilize between 190-204. That's unloaded cruising at 70-75mph. Hell, the t444e was designed to have oil temps run at 210*.... you're testing your pumps a full 25-30% below normal operating temps...

2000wa250

Reaction score
Thinner oil = harder to achieve and hold pressure. Of course its not going to be beneficial to a pump company to test with thinner oil. However, when that is where the pump will be worked hard, it cannot be considered an effective and reliable test unless performed under the conditions it will be used in.

Wasn't that obviously an issue with the stealth pumps that wouldn't restart with hot oil? Wasn't that an issue that people were literally having to pour water on the housing to cool it off and bring it back into tolerance where it could perform as intended just so that they could restart their truck after driving to the store?

I wouldn't buy any product that was intended to be used outdoors and at high temps, but was never tested at the temps it will consistently see.

psduser1

Reaction score
Thinner oil = harder to achieve and hold pressure. Of course its not going to be beneficial to a pump company to test with thinner oil. However, when that is where the pump will be worked hard, it cannot be considered an effective and reliable test unless performed under the conditions it will be used in.

Wasn't that obviously an issue with the stealth pumps that wouldn't restart with hot oil? Wasn't that an issue that people were literally having to pour water on the housing to cool it off and bring it back into tolerance where it could perform as intended just so that they could restart their truck after driving to the store?

I wouldn't buy any product that was intended to be used outdoors and at high temps, but was never tested at the temps it will consistently see.

This

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
well i can tell you every pump we tested was between 140-145* whether it be our pump or anyone elses. an everyone is on here with all the claims of this at that and what not. our bench tester test every single pump the same exact way 100%, so if we take any pump and put it on that stand we see the actual difference in the pump. there is 0 variation in tuning or anything like that it tests what it test.

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
Ask all the questions you want, i'll supply you with as much information as i can and give you as much insight as possible, but don't talk s*** if the pumps never seen your truck. like i said before the company we work with and the company that test the pumps are responsible for at least 70% of all the remanufactured pumps on the market.

AND THIS PUMP IS NO WAY COMPARIBLE TO THE STEATH,

2000wa250

Reaction score
So what you're saying is you don't test in real world conditions. In scientific terms, I believe that is called a proof of concept test, which is followed by a practical test.

My point simply is, you're machining parts to within extremely fine tolerances in order to achieve what you claim. A difference of 30% in temperature could literally cause your pump to turn into an agitator.

Here's the scene, driving down the road just left the house, eot climbs above 150* (coincidentally this is also where most modifiers in stock calibrations stop having an effect) and all of a sudden power is way down. Light turns red, and as the truck comes down to an idle, it dies. Pump housing has expanded at a different rate than internals because they are different thicknesses and material. Truck cranks and cranks and cranks, but won't build more than 170psi. Checks oil, and its full of bubbles. Better grab that water and pour it on the pump housing, crossing your fingers that the material doesn't shrink fast enough to harm any internals or warp.

Yep, definitely wanna buy the product that is tested on a bench because it has the same stable conditions that occur in the real world.

ToMang07

Reaction score
well i can tell you every pump we tested was between 140-145* whether it be our pump or anyone elses. an everyone is on here with all the claims of this at that and what not. our bench tester test every single pump the same exact way 100%, so if we take any pump and put it on that stand we see the actual difference in the pump. there is 0 variation in tuning or anything like that it tests what it test.

So in summary: "We test all pumps in unrealistic conditions and once again dodge the pulse-width factor because we're doing research to figure out what that is still."

psduser1

Reaction score
Ask all the questions you want, i'll supply you with as much information as i can and give you as much insight as possible, but don't talk s*** if the pumps never seen your truck. like i said before the company we work with and the company that test the pumps are responsible for at least 70% of all the remanufactured pumps on the market.

Like I said, I really hope it's everything you say!
And, I am still a fan of stealths, I am running two of them. Yes I'm aware of their shortcomings.

pullandpray

Reaction score
In his defense wouldn't g.p.m. At a certain pressure be able to calculate what DC It would be at for a certain cc. could be way off. In my head it makes sense

2000wa250

Reaction score

See my pervious post regarding my willingness to test your pump on my daily driver under the same tuning and oil conditions as the data from my 15* pump

2000wa250

Reaction score
In his defense wouldn't g.p.m. At a certain pressure be able to calculate what DC It would be at for a certain cc. could be way off. In my head it makes sense
In theory, yes. In practical application on a wide variety of situations (all trucks run a little different) I highly doubt it would hold up.

psduser1

Reaction score

this is entirely possible to calculate. Obviously, if you test all the pumps on the same bench, under the same conditions, it should be apples to apples.

pullandpray

Reaction score
In theory, yes. In practical application on a wide variety of situations (all trucks run a little different) I highly doubt it would hold up.

Exactly if he is putting pumps together and running numbers against eachother the bench and g.p.m would be better correct? That being said I know where your coming from and asking duty cycle that's what we as customers and enthusiasts understand and want to see.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Duty cycle and pulse width under sustained load. Test bench is ideal conditions.

The reason that the terminators have such a ridiculously low failure rate is they are tested on a variety of trucks with different tuning and real world conditions

pullandpray

Reaction score
I agree but I know if you call joey and ask what his t500 can hold he will ask you what you have done with your truck miles etc. He will say I have someone running this pump pushing such and such injector. I doubt he would say it will flow this at this duty cycle period. He knows each truck is different each injector is different, if you run a shop and tell someone it will support 250/200 at 3200 at 32% you always have that asshole that will call bitching because his duty cycle is 38%.. get where I'm coming at? Atleast he has shown numbers thus far testers should provide there own numbers with DC etc

For the record I'm using terminator as an example because it's the current pump i run and the best pump I have owned to date.

Last edited:

psduser1

Reaction score
Duty cycle and pulse width under sustained load. Test bench is ideal conditions.

The reason that the terminators have such a ridiculously low failure rate is they are tested on a variety of trucks with different tuning and real world conditions
Testing 20 pumps a day doesn't really equal sustained 230* runs, either. On the truck, with multiple tuners, tunes, loading, etc will sell the pump.

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
we can only test so much, our pockets are only so deep to try different application ourselves, over time we will have tons of different variations, we have pumps out all over all different applications, i've put a lot of that information out here, and we have done everything we can do to prove to ourselves this pump is ready to be out on market and done everything thing we can do to test it, now we need it out there we need the feedback and the different setups and different conditions. It could be the next big thing or could be the biggest flop but no one will know unless we get it out there. in my mind i'm 100% on this pump i've been there seen the testing and compared it to other pumps.

co04cobra

Reaction score
In theory, yea g.p.m, sounds great. In real world with differences in tuning, injectors, EOTs, etcc... Etc...etc....not so much.

I'm willing to bet, and already know, that the results won't be the same. I can data log with my scanner, and have changed pumps back to back for testing purposes. I've also sat on a dyno with different pumps and watch the tuner up the PW to see what different pumps would actually maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.