Have fun 7.3 guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

m j

Reaction score
HRT that is not the application for a stock displacement pump and you know it.
this is another small hybrid pump.

the interesting part is that they got a t500 that actually flows. the Tom S thread had several that couldnt feed stock injectors.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

the interesting part is that they got a t500 that actually flows. the Tom S thread had several that couldnt feed stock injectors.

They claim over 6gpm of flow - that will handle what I need it to do. particularly at the RPM I wish to run it at. They claim stock swashplate angle, not stock displacement.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

It should also be noted that 400/400s have been ran on single 15 degree pumps (Charles). The main thing that it wont have is that low end torque - which I don't want or need.

mandkole

Reaction score
I for one, like the way this thread is going. If these are consistent 6gpm pumps, HRTs tests will be very worthwhile. Maybe let him try another at some point.

Agreed, performance consistency plagues many reman pumps.. if these guys have eliminated that issue, they have something. With as much testing as they do, I tend to buy their confidence.

m j

Reaction score
They claim over 6gpm of flow - that will handle what I need it to do. particularly at the RPM I wish to run it at. They claim stock swashplate angle, not stock displacement.

he did say oem piston size and oem swash, I was hoping for .500 piston size and srp1.1 displacement but :(

co04cobra

Reaction score
How do you think a variable swash plate pump works there friend? More angle. More displacement. Simple enough.

Right, and in theory, that is great on his type of flow bench. My ? was, does he think that's all it takes to make it out flow every other pump currently on the market? In the real world?

I'm not here to bash or hype up any certain pump. I've had the oppurtunity to run mutiple pumps of the ones I listed.

I've been able to run them with numerous sets of injectors and tuners.

So I'm not really guessing when I wrote that I already have #s from those same pumps tested on REAL trucks.

The guy needs to send some pumps out to beta testers and forget this GPM crap.

The SRP is awesome at supplying GPM in oil flow and look where it's at in the real world....

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
he did say oem piston size and oem swash, I was hoping for .500 piston size and srp1.1 displacement but :(

I had to go back and re-read the thread. I see where he stated that now. Based on this.... these numbers don't jive.

To get a flowrate of just 6gpm with a stock displacement pump you have to spin that pump at 3150 rpms which equates to 3950 engine rpms (numbers rounded for clarity).

That is a far cry from stating that the pumps are tested at idle and 2838 rpms. You can improve a pumps efficiency all you want - but you will never get it to move more fluid than it displaces.

So to get to the brass tacks of the situation: What are the testing conditions that yield 6+gpm on this new pump? What RPM? What oil temp? What oil in general (90 weight, 15w-40, mineral oil, etc)? At what feed pressure? At what outlet pressure? Etc...

JD3020

Reaction score
Kudos to you for putting this data out there. I'll agree with you...No pump manufacturer has put this info out before that I've seen for "medium oil" pumps.

IMHO...pumps need to be rated in volume % capacity over stock...PERIOD.

The he said she said mickey mouse schoolgirl bull**** about this PW, these injectors, this RPM, is useful for a specific truck, or a very specific combination...but that's it. There's too many uncontrolled variables (injector builder modifications, tuning, IDM, etc) to draw any kind of real meaningful comparison between different pumps.

So good on you to post it up. Be interested to see if any other pump builders out there follow suit by posting VOLUME data for their pumps....I'm betting crickets...crickets...crickets.

I agree 100%. For example i had a 15* pump pushing my 250/200%'s for a year and a half, it would easily maintain 3100psi/50% DC at WOT all day, everyday. Tuning plays such a huge role in it that anybody can do anything they want and make their pump look good. So many variables in it. Kinda weird that until now i've never seen flow specs posted for any of the pumps, just "Well this pump ran my xxx/xxx injectors so its awesome".

psduser1

Reaction score
I had to go back and re-read the thread. I see where he stated that now. Based on this.... these numbers don't jive.

To get a flowrate of just 6gpm with a stock displacement pump you have to spin that pump at 3150 rpms which equates to 3950 engine rpms (numbers rounded for clarity).

That is a far cry from stating that the pumps are tested at idle and 2838 rpms. You can improve a pumps efficiency all you want - but you will never get it to move more fluid than it displaces.

So to get to the brass tacks of the situation: What are the testing conditions that yield 6+gpm on this new pump? What RPM? What oil temp? What oil in general (90 weight, 15w-40, mineral oil, etc)? At what feed pressure? At what outlet pressure? Etc...

Huh, who knew.
Science works with pixie dust pumps, too?:jawdrop:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It should also be noted that 400/400s have been ran on single 15 degree pumps (Charles). The main thing that it wont have is that low end torque - which I don't want or need.
does that mean that airflow will make up for the lack of nozzle pressure at the higher rpm? i dont see this pump putting out but in the low 2k psi range with what your looking to do with it.. i could be totally wrong too.. or you will be calling for minimal pw?
I agree 100%. For example i had a 15* pump pushing my 250/200%'s for a year and a half, it would easily maintain 3100psi/50% DC at WOT all day, everyday. Tuning plays such a huge role in it that anybody can do anything they want and make their pump look good. So many variables in it. Kinda weird that until now i've never seen flow specs posted for any of the pumps, just "Well this pump ran my xxx/xxx injectors so its awesome".
a lot of people dont get that either... hell, my adrenaline runs 2900-3000 psi at 60%dc wot with measly 170/100s... has since 2010 and 80k-90k miles on it.. pw is high in that tune.. dd tune it holds 3200@45%...

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
He's been a little sassy, but he seems to be providing some info. I don't know why some have to be keyboard warriors and act like they are badasses on here and just fling crap. Just let the product and reviews speak for themselves.

I agree. Read through this and the op is taking way more shti than he is giving. He Is taking it better too.

TyCorr

Reaction score

Jesus....that would be insane in terms of volume.

Is your srp still squirtin along?

Rockstardiesel

Reaction score
honey badger jr we tested 3 the highest was 4.4 Gpm The lowest was 3.6
tested one adrenaline 4.6 Gpm
tested one t500 5.6 Gpm
our pump test 6 Gpm or better
all which were at 2800 rpms all under the same testing conditions

I've said a few times i feel i have supplied way more information than any other pump manufacture out there, i feel the biggest reason is because we can actually test ours pumps in this type of manner.

Anyone thats interested in a pump or interested in testing a pump, send me a message here or call 814-414-1290 we can set something up i'll front you a pump you can take for 30 60 days or something, test it if you like it you can buy if you don't send it back.

Idk what more i need to say, the only pump on this list that uses all new parts is ours, Maybe it just out flows all the others because its simply a better built pump. I have listed bench results and some real world results, and i've listed more than double the information then any other manufacturer in the world, I can tell you this, when you buy our pump or an adrenalin for example you're buying a pump thats been tested before it goes out the door, I can name you every company in the country that can test the heui pump and i can count it on one hand, This is why you can buy an adrenalin and you know for sure its not gonna come apart, Maybe if the stealth had been legitimately tested you wouldn't have to keep your fingers crossed. You wouldnt go out and buy injectors thats never been on a bench so idk why anyone would buy a pump that hasn't, its that stupidity has destroyed this market for me and if it wasn't for that you all wouldn't be scared of the best damn 17* pump on the market.

Last edited:

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
If there are T500 pumps out there not out flowing a stock displacement pump, send it in for a check up....., but please verify everything else first(injectors, etc...).

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
maybe oil temps dont play much of a factor in a "new" pump but my 01 sure holds a lot different pressures from 150 to 220°... im sure many other factkrs there too.. has over 190k on the clock

live life full throttle

swinky

Reaction score
I offered to test a 6l pump. I'll be sure to let you dinosaur lovers know if anything happens.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
its that stupidity has destroyed this market for me and if it wasn't for that you all wouldn't be scared of the best damn 17* pump on the market.

What's destroying it for you is stating that the pump flows more oil than it can displace for a given RPM. You can do a lot of things - but you can not defy physics. You take a pumps displacement and you can calculate the perfect flow rate at any given RPM - then you can figure out what it approximately flows in reality by multiplying it by its efficiency. Piston pumps are inherently very efficient - so gains to be had there are very minimal. The flow numbers you are stating are simply not possible - cuz fyziks.

Furthermore I wish I would realized yours was a stock displacement earlier on - there is simply no way that some of those other pumps flow so little in comparison to yours without them being some worn out pile of **** that someone removed from a truck for a reason. There is no way that say a HBjr has an efficiency rating of sub 66% - it would be a complete POS and no one would run them ever. Hell I don't even know if a truck would run with an piss poor rating like that out of a piston pump.

Either you testing conditions are flawed, skewed, or you simply don' know how to run that $500K dollar bench (which boggles my mind.... but that is another subject...).

Facts are facts and these don't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.