Head stud job

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well I currently don't run any sort of monitoring system, no dash daq, no edge cts. no gauges at all, but I don't tow much of anything with my 6.4 and we don't have any big grades around here. So i couldn't tell you how my truck runs now anyways. my buddy with the 450 did an sdp down pipe and mbrp exhaust didn't notice any difference except as soon as he pulled into a parking spot his egt's were at 350-300 instantly no waiting for the truck to cool down running the spartan 310 tune. as to my truck with gear heads hot street, i need to wait a little for my egt's to cool down even driving easy. stock down pipe and stock exhaust still. I plan to order the cold side kit in a week or so anyways and install just cac if it will connect to the stock intake elbow, to see if I can see the improvement of just that one piece.

yah good to know.

your buddies experience actually means the EGT was lower when he got out of the throttle, thus making the time it took to get down to 300-350 quicker. its not rocket science, that factory downpipe is a pile of crap just like the intercooler tube.

RSK

Reaction score
your buddies experience actually means the EGT was lower when he got out of the throttle, thus making the time it took to get down to 300-350 quicker. its not rocket science, that factory downpipe is a pile of crap just like the intercooler tube.

I understand that, i helped him remove the old downpipe and install the new one. I'm just saying he was very skeptical of any gains. That's the only one he noticed. His cold side kit should be here this week, but his truck cracked a piston i think or did something it has miss now. It's being torn apart this week.

Also buy Mike's egr delete so you can run his cold side pipes lol...

I already have the egr delete kit, and plan to run all no limit everything.

sasquatch24

Reaction score
UPS showed up this morning with the rest of the parts (push rods, FASS, BD manifolds, down pipe, ARP studs) and shortly after the heads arrived from the machine shop
IMG_0716_zps845ae0be.png

BD manifolds look sweet!
IMG_0718_zps3ea0102d.png

FASS installed
IMG_0721_zpsafe8eb83.png

whole motor is all put back together. just got to run down to the fab shop in the morning and grab your up pipes then set the cab down

Latest posts

Members online