Headed to the truck pull this afternoon. What/How/etc?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Got invited to Ware Shoals, SC this afternoon to hook to a sled. Truck in my sig.

Don't want to hurt my baby so looking for any advise I can get.

My biggest concern is the lack of traction bars and rattling her teeth w/ hop.

I've read to pull in 4low manual 3rd gear.
and strap the front end down

What else is on my need to know list?

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Let some air out of the front tires as well. Helps with traction and wheel hop. I've pulled with as little as 10psi. But if your going to strap the front end you don't have to go that extreme.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I would do 15-20 in the front and as much as the tire is rated for in the back. Also if you have airbags put as much as you can. You don't want the back end to drop. And as far as gearing I've used 1st in high range when I just had exhaust and programmer and that worked well.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
At the track. Front strapped. F tires at 40psi (I have to drive home). Will air up thr bags. Not sure on the gear yet, but probably 4low and manual 3rd...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
wait .. now? drinking champagne in the winners circle ?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Yes, NOW!
(got home first)

I came within 4' of first place and got 3rd. Beat by Ford's so that's OK...I guess.

Strapped the front end down.
Dropped the front tires to 40psi (would have gone more, but had to drive home on them - 30miles.)
Locked the hubs.
Set the bags to 70psi.
4low
3rd manual
Performance tune
AC off

Then rolled into it ever so easy. It didn't hop, it didn't chatter, frankly, it didn't really feel like it was even working that hard.
Looking at the vid, I was crossing the 100' mark before the truck was really gitin it.
Pulled it 298.09', the winner got 302.11'.
For the ol' girl, it was just another day at the office. Same as grossing 25k up a 4-5% grade passing cars.
No muss, no fuss.
She just got down and got er done.
If I'd had a little more experience and gotten into the throttle sooner I think we'd have gotten those last 4' we needed.
But for street tires and a truck which is pretty much stock, I think it did quite well.

I had fun. Was like, "can I go again?" Even Wifey (who was mostly bored as hell) enjoyed the run.

Watching the vids of the guys who beat me they were a LONG ways from stock. Only thing the track officials did was pop the hood and look for FoMoCo on the turbo. There was one guy who was dumping a lot of fuel and he won.

Here's the results, I'm #5
PullingResults.jpg

and the vid of the run:
http://youtu.be/dalw1zh1fUw

Last edited by a moderator:

Jomax

Reaction score
Yes, NOW!
(got home first)

I came within 4' of first place and got 3rd. Beat by Ford's so that's OK...I guess.

Strapped the front end down.
Dropped the front tires to 40psi (would have gone more, but had to drive home on them - 30miles.)
Locked the hubs.
Set the bags to 70psi.
4low
3rd manual
Performance tune
AC off

Then rolled into it ever so easy. It didn't hop, it didn't chatter, frankly, it didn't really feel like it was even working that hard.
Looking at the vid, I was crossing the 100' mark before the truck was really gitin it.
Pulled it 298.09', the winner got 302.11'.
For the ol' girl, it was just another day at the office. Same as grossing 25k up a 4-5% grade passing cars.
No muss, no fuss.
She just got down and got er done.
If I'd had a little more experience and gotten into the throttle sooner I think we'd have gotten those last 4' we needed.
But for street tires and a truck which is pretty much stock, I think it did quite well.

I had fun. Was like, "can I go again?" Even Wifey (who was mostly bored as hell) enjoyed the run.

Watching the vids of the guys who beat me they were a LONG ways from stock. Only thing the track officials did was pop the hood and look for FoMoCo on the turbo. There was one guy who was dumping a lot of fuel and he won.

Here's the results, I'm #5
PullingResults.jpg

and the vid of the run:
http://youtu.be/dalw1zh1fUw

Do you have a heavy accent like the guys in the vid? Lol

Nice pull!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online