Headed to the truck pull this afternoon. What/How/etc?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Love to go, but promised wife that we'd do more "fun for her" stuff this weekend. Also, must have traction bars before I go again. Want to build boost and let her off the chain instead of rolling into it easy. No more excuses why I didn't get the last 4' :D

Had fun and want to do it again for sure.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Love to go, but promised wife that we'd do more "fun for her" stuff this weekend. Also, must have traction bars before I go again. Want to build boost and let her off the chain instead of rolling into it easy. No more excuses why I didn't get the last 4' :D

Had fun and want to do it again for sure.

I would definitely not recommend coming out of the hole and flooring it. Your going to lose a lot of traction. It may surprise you but the way you pulled was pretty spot on. You can come out a little harder... But not too much. If you look at the video of the pull I did a couple weeks ago I came out way too hard, but I did that because my truck bounced the first run, and I didn't want it to happen the second time around.

ibestroken

Reaction score
On a good track u can come out of the whole hard because that's how you get your wheel speed up before the box hits. I'll get ya taking care of bud. Yall enjoy the weekend. And to the fella from anderson, our next hook at the shoals won't be till next year. Plan to do just two big events a year for now. One spring and the other in the fall.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
On a good track u can come out of the whole hard because that's how you get your wheel speed up before the box hits. I'll get ya taking care of bud. Yall enjoy the weekend. And to the fella from anderson, our next hook at the shoals won't be till next year. Plan to do just two big events a year for now. One spring and the other in the fall.
he must have never watched some of HRT's videos when he had his red truck..

live life full throttle

stacked6.7

Reaction score
he must have never watched some of HRT's videos when he had his red truck..

live life full throttle

I've been to a truck pull once or twice ;). I guess it's just personal preference. I'm just going off of what I know from running our 4x4 650ci alcohol trucks for most of my life lol.

ibestroken

Reaction score
O yea..That's a totally different animal when it comes to pulling. Yea prob had to roll out of the whole so it didn't just blow the tires off lol. The sweet sound of a big block

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Yup just shy of 1600hp and we run almost 9K RPM. I understand they are very different but I believe the same principal applies. 1600hp with cut pulling tires or 600hp with A/T or mud tires.... Keeping traction while having ground speed is key.

Latest posts

Members online