Heavy white smoke... need help

firewalker

Reaction score
Alright guys first off my truck is an 07 6.0 with an EGR ******, new oil cooler about 3k miles ago, blue spring upgrade, Ed's FICM with atlas 40, 5" exhaust, and GH tunes running 8k tow.

I take meticulous care of my truck but now it's blowing large amounts of white/bluish smoke on acceleration and clears up after a few seconds. At idle in gear while sitting at a light or stop sign it'll continously blow smoke mostly white/bluish but sometimes looks kind of grey.

No loss of coolant and running zerex etc with filter.

Truck runs great and I get decent mpg (15-17) and no loss of power.

Any ideas what it would be? :shrug:

firewalker

Reaction score
I was thinking stiction. I've been running t6 with Rev x but I didn't use rev x last oil change. It does it cold and up to temp

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Stiction tends to only show up cold. Once its up to temp, it tends to not be an issue. Also, the fact tgat you say it runs good pretty much eliminates that. You could pissibly have an internal turbo seal going though.

firewalker

Reaction score
It does kind of smell like fuel which I know would indicate injector(s). On the way home from work this morning it only smoked heavy once and was clear the rest of the way home. I put new boots on it a few months back cause I had one blow off pulling a load. The new boots do seem to somewhat saturated already. They are riff raff boots

firewalker

Reaction score
The truck has 135k miles on it. Would you recommend swapping out all 8? I've been wanting to get larger injectors and turbo anyway and do studs since I have the parts to do studs

04stroker

Reaction score
The truck has 135k miles on it. Would you recommend swapping out all 8? I've been wanting to get larger injectors and turbo anyway and do studs since I have the parts to do studs

Since you are not entirely sure what the issue is I would have the 8 tested to see if they are your problem then go from there. We can test them for you on our flow bench, then if you decide to go bigger and have us rebuild them for you we do not charge anything for the testing as long as we do the build.

firewalker

Reaction score
It would be hard for me to be down to have the injectors tested that's why I was thinking just get new ones so my truck wonto be down as long. Yes it is blue sometimes

firewalker

Reaction score
I've suspected the turbo too but it is billowing smoke at idle. Once going down the road it clears up. I didn't have this many issues with my 7.3 but I do love my 6.0

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I've suspected the turbo too but it is billowing smoke at idle. Once going down the road it clears up. I didn't have this many issues with my 7.3 but I do love my 6.0
Thats exactly how this one was. Especially bad after running it hard and then coasting for a little.

firewalker

Reaction score
Yeah that's when it's the worst. Illet drive a while before I stop and afterwards it looks like I'm making my own clouds

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Yeah that's when it's the worst. Illet drive a while before I stop and afterwards it looks like I'm making my own clouds
Sounds exactly like the truck i just worked one. We were actually taking it apart for injectors because we thought thats what it was and happened to check turbo shaft play and it had a ton!

Latest posts

Members online