Hellman sump

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
So how many of you guys are running this and what have been the benefits,Any issues when running low on fuel?

Thanks!

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I literally ran my tank to the point that there was only fuel left in the sump itself and the fuel lines one time, removed the -an line and let hardly any fuel drain out, it was awesome.

I run an XDP unit, not much different than Hellmann's.

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
I was looking at the xdp unit very nice product,I did notice hellmanns is a little deeper though.

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
I literally ran my tank to the point that there was only fuel left in the sump itself and the fuel lines one time, removed the -an line and let hardly any fuel drain out, it was awesome.

I run an XDP unit, not much different than Hellmann's.

Can you post a pic of how its mounted on the tank?

java

Reaction score
I have a Hellman sump and have had no issues with it so far. It fixed my drop in fuel pressure under 1/4 tank also.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of how its mounted on the tank?

Hope this helps! Also, before anyone says anything about using the red fuel, I only used it to prime the system because I had some in a can just in case. No I do not run the truck with red fuel, as that would.... uh be, breaking the law. :p

photojun1622154pm.jpg

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
cut a hole in the skid plate with a hold saw, i was going to, but I never seen anything but the road.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
I've been contemplating this... Ever since I put IDP FICM tune in my 6.0 if I play hard at 3/8 or below fp drops from 72 to 30 wot lol so every pull I have to fill up

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I have the beans sump. It's got a lo pro design. So when I went to put my skid plate on after the install I just put a few washers on the skid plate bolts to space it out a little. Can't even tell and the sump fits in there nicely. I'll get some pics later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I want a sump, just don't want to give up my skid plate.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I used a Truck Source Diesel sump..no worries with mine. I had the skid modded to fit lower using some welded on blocks. Fits great and protects the sump and line. I will say I haven't read of anyone without a skid hitting road debris.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Got a Hellman on mine also. Need to cut the skid plate since its been back out in the field again and need to watch the fuel lines.

Nic

Reaction score
All sumps are pretty much the same. I have the sinister one. I favored it because it came with everything to do it. Even the silicon. Nothing needed.

09stroker

Reaction score
No. It's made for an aftermarket lift pump

You actually could with a couple extra fittings if you really wanted to (not necessary IMO). It's only a different way to get fuel from the tank. Through the bottom instead of over the top.

Nic

Reaction score
You actually could with a couple extra fittings if you really wanted to (not necessary IMO). It's only a different way to get fuel from the tank. Through the bottom instead of over the top.

This is true. It would take a little shopping but could be done

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.