Hellman sump

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I've been running my Hellman sump with no skid plate for over a year. I noticed a nice ding in the sump from a rock or something, I'll be looking to modify my skid plate to put it back on soon.

java

Reaction score
This is how mine is with a hole cut in the skid plate.

fd2d7c01.jpg

01PSD

Reaction score
Is the same size fitting used on all sumps or do they differ? Have a CP sump here with a 1/2" fitting on it

09stroker

Reaction score
All that I've seen are 1/2" NPT. Most people use a 1/2" Npt to 5/8(-10) AN/JIC fitting

Last edited:

09stroker

Reaction score
Bingo, moat sumps arent deep enough to even drill and retap a 5/8 hole. I wante to do it

I thought about that too but I looked into it and 1/2" Npt and -10 AN fitting ID's are pretty damn close. Its bigger than -8 but a hair smaller than -10 by looking at a brass one I had laying around.

But, the fitting from fragola that I used on my sump actually had no restriction. The ID was smooth from 1/2" to -10.:shrug:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yupp i used a radiused fitting, its -10 all the way through despite being 1/2 npt.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
cut a hole in the skid plate with a hold saw, i was going to, but I never seen anything but the road.

So do you have a skid plate laying around? I want a sump, but can't find a plate and I'm not about to drive through pasture without protection, and I'm not paying Ford for one.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
I used a Truck Source Diesel sump..no worries with mine. I had the skid modded to fit lower using some welded on blocks. Fits great and protects the sump and line. I will say I haven't read of anyone without a skid hitting road debris.

Heavy, do you have any pics?

Latest posts

Members online