Help dies when hot. No restart

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Engine oil temp got to 180 then it shut of like turning off a switch. No sputtering. Icp was above 500psi then died

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Only code that keeps coming back is p1280 icp out of range low.
Poured ice water on the pump again and wrapped it with an ice rag. Still nothing

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Well here's an update. After double checking everything again. Finally decided to pull the pump. Had a good used pump laying around so I bolted that on. Fired right up. Got the oil temp to 190 never shut off. Turned the truck off and restarted fired right up. Did it multiple times with no issues

TARM

Reaction score
I can see you do nog believe it's the hpop but at the same time you have not tested the pump itself while you have literally gone thru almost everything and a number that required far more work to rule out IMO.

What I suggest is you vet the engine warmed up or whatever it takez to produce the issue then unhook one at a time each hpop line from the head and connect a mech gauge to it i.e. deadhead it. Then crank it up and see what you are getting for pressure. May even try them tee'd together. If your pressure during cranking spikes as it should you at least know that while its hot the pump itself is able to make and hold pressure.

Of course one of the fastest if you bave access to ond is just swap out for a stock pump and see if it starts. Sort of a no brainer to know if its the hpop itself.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Yeah man it was really pissing me off. Im trying to break in this motor and I couldn't keep it running for an extended period.

But now I have a new problem. How do i go about getting my stealth fixed or is there another pump option that will run these injectors with out having to tune around a low output pump

Reaction score
Honey badger isn't meant to run 300/200s. You'll have to get a HB sr, Dual HPOPs or something similar.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
there just seems to be a void in the hpop market right now. you can get the smaller pumps like the t500 or honey badger or you have to go with the gen3 or dual pumps. there is no middle ground it seems

TARM

Reaction score
I wish the overdrive would get finished as that would be very popular

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. This is exactly how my stealth took a crap. I helped a local guy troubleshoot his truck and it was so damn identical I felt like it was my own again. Same exact symptoms as the OPs. Everyone here told me I was nuts.

Better get those injectors checked out, word to the wise, mine had **** stuck in the hpo side.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
well luckily no metal shavings or debris. I already disassembled the pump no obvious damage. all I know is the worn out stock pump I put on the truck is running and starting just fine. hopefully it will work long enough to break the motor in atleast

V-Ref

Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. Sorry to hear you need a hpop though. Send that pump to Gary Stecher with Stealth to have him square it away.

BTS duals, Gen 3, or a Billet Stage 2 is what I'd be looking for. Tycorr had a line on a Stage 2 a while back...not sure if it's still available. All those are gonna be $1k-1.5k options though....

I'm told that the overdrive has been shelved due to reliability concerns and high priority projects...so I wouldn't hold your breath for that project.

V-Ref

Reaction score
there just seems to be a void in the hpop market right now. you can get the smaller pumps like the t500 or honey badger or you have to go with the gen3 or dual pumps. there is no middle ground it seems
There's a reason the T1000 and the HB Sr aren't out...and there's a market void in the "medium" oil market...bottom line.....it's hard to make a reliable high performance hpop off the stock housing at a price point that the 7.3 market can bear.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Would gary repair this pump even though I already took it apart? And the other problem I've heard is it takes along time to get repaired

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea. This is exactly how my stealth took a crap. I helped a local guy troubleshoot his truck and it was so damn identical I felt like it was my own again. Same exact symptoms as the OPs. Everyone here told me I was nuts.

Better get those injectors checked out, word to the wise, mine had **** stuck in the hpo side.
I didn't think you where nuts. I called it from the getgo but didnt think it was possible.

Latest posts

Members online