Help dies when hot. No restart

TyCorr

Reaction score
I didn't think you where nuts. I called it from the getgo but didnt think it was possible.

I learned A LOT from that and opening my mouth around here. Some good, some bad. Mostly bad.

I dont really care though. My 7.3 is a dust collector and keeps the asphalt from blowing away in our crazy weather this year. A have a whisper quiet z71 that runs flawlessly after the 200 mile fuel leak was fixed. One month old and 46ish hundred miles.

My truck sits with upgraded everything. But no interest in it. Im going to redo the interior, put the new body on, probably sack all this bs but the trans, and put some 175/80s in and be happy with 425 hp. And drive it once in a great while until Tom is old enough to drive. After 15 years, I just dont give a fakk anymore. Id almost like to buy a scsb pmr truck and throw injectors and turbos at it to see how much it would take then just burn it, lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would gary repair this pump even though I already took it apart? And the other problem I've heard is it takes along time to get repaired

That's the thing with Gary. I sent him my billet pump. He had it 3 months. I called and called when I finally got him he said it was still in the box hadn't even touched it. He said he would tear into it that day and fix it and have it back to me in a week. And he did. But nothing had changed with it. I'm not even sure he took it apart. After that I washed my hands of it. I'll just put a honey badger on and wait till Jon gets the Sr. Done. If he don't then I guess it's gen 3. Good luck!

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
The old stock pump I have on there now is still going strong. Still no issues besides it runs out of oil real quick lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
I did the same thing, tossed a 15° pump on to "see" if the issues followed the pump. Sure as chit. But hey, if a 120k mile 15 deg pump will make and hold icp its the right solution if you have a high mileage (over 800 miles LOL ) srp series pump.

TARM

Reaction score
Mine has 70K on it and still going strong. It is possible issue you have might be the part that was a wear part which was upgraded in the 1.1 versions? IT just seems that most of the ones that failed did so in a few K miles where they just died. Then again maybe not.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Mine has 70K on it and still going strong. It is possible issue you have might be the part that was a wear part which was upgraded in the 1.1 versions? IT just seems that most of the ones that failed did so in a few K miles where they just died. Then again maybe not.

Mine IS a 1.1. Its failure is unknown. My buddy wanted it real bad after I took it off and got his 15° pump. So I left it with him. He never put it on. I told him it was probably crap. So we finally got around to trying it. It wouldnt even start his truck. Cold. Sat for a month and we swapped the two. So we removed the stealth and replaced the 17....fired right up...

Like I said Id have done something with it but dont care. Im not sure when Ill even start my truck again. I may pull it in the barn and start ripping body panels off. I have everything but doors to replace the body.

TyCorr

Reaction score
To clarify, I think Im going to replace the body, paint it real nice, rice it out, and put new leathers on the seats, toss a new carpet in, and sell it off. The tards are paying huuuge for gawdy shti.

Im going to look into as low mileage of an lbz as I can find and take advantage of my proximity to Wehrli Custom fab. Solid axle swaps are his specialty along with anything else on the duratard.

DocBar

Reaction score
To clarify, I think Im going to replace the body, paint it real nice, rice it out, and put new leathers on the seats, toss a new carpet in, and sell it off. The tards are paying huuuge for gawdy shti.

Im going to look into as low mileage of an lbz as I can find and take advantage of my proximity to Wehrli Custom fab. Solid axle swaps are his specialty along with anything else on the duratard.
To clarify, your avatar is freaking awesome!!!!!
Talk about high pressure oil...

Latest posts

Members online