Help help help codes no power please

6.4strokin

Reaction score
ok lol just offering I hate to see you go through this with all the money you invested in it. I kinda wish you would a want with a more reputable shop that is pretty familiar with 6.4s but it happens.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
IF you want to drive it up to canada and some how lose it let me know haha. I would throw the stock turbos back on and go from there. Go back to when it was working last. Or send it to a quality shop that is know for 6.4's. Sounds like bob's auto repair didn't know what they were doing. The backseat think I would of lost it on them for.

6.4's can be your best friend or your worst nightmare lol.. I ran into the same no solution issue with mine.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
dude, I don't know how bad the low power condition you're experiencing is, but we just had a 550 that absolutely whipped our ass... guy took it to ford for a low power condition... it had an 0087 in the memory. they said "you need a pump"

we put a pump on it, found the turbos were suspect and put turbos on it while the cab was up.

the truck was a gutless turd... it passed EVERY functionality test. ZERO CODES!!!!!!!!!!!! zero pending, zero active, zero in memory... everything verified/tested with IDS. commanded and actual PIDS were spot on, passed the rail pressure test. Throttle valve and egr actuated perfectly from 0-100%. Truck didn't misfire or smoke. We even put a pipe and a race tuner on it just to see if a clogged filter was holding it back. GUTLESS

we swapped EBP, IAT, throttle valve, MAP with known good sensors. hell, we even swapped the ECM!

at my wit's end, I called on a friend of mine who is a service writer.

He said, "put new injectors in it"

I rolled my eyes and went on about how it passed every test, idled and revved clean and smooth as a baby's butt, etc. He said, "been there, done that, it's the injectors"

Told the customer you've got three options:

1. enjoy your gutless truck
2. send it to auction
3. put injectors in it, but no guarantee it'll fix it as every means of diag we've done do not point to injectors

customer said "put 8 in it"

8 new injectors from Ford, and the truck ran perfectly with full power :confused:

WTMFF?

learn something new every day. talk about an ass whipping

TXlineman83

Reaction score
dude, I don't know how bad the low power condition you're experiencing is, but we just had a 550 that absolutely whipped our ass... guy took it to ford for a low power condition... it had an 0087 in the memory. they said "you need a pump"

we put a pump on it, found the turbos were suspect and put turbos on it while the cab was up.

the truck was a gutless turd... it passed EVERY functionality test. ZERO CODES!!!!!!!!!!!! zero pending, zero active, zero in memory... everything verified/tested with IDS. commanded and actual PIDS were spot on, passed the rail pressure test. Throttle valve and egr actuated perfectly from 0-100%. Truck didn't misfire or smoke. We even put a pipe and a race tuner on it just to see if a clogged filter was holding it back. GUTLESS

we swapped EBP, IAT, throttle valve, MAP with known good sensors. hell, we even swapped the ECM!

at my wit's end, I called on a friend of mine who is a service writer.

He said, "put new injectors in it"

I rolled my eyes and went on about how it passed every test, idled and revved clean and smooth as a baby's butt, etc. He said, "been there, done that, it's the injectors"

Told the customer you've got three options:

1. enjoy your gutless truck
2. send it to auction
3. put injectors in it, but no guarantee it'll fix it as every means of diag we've done do not point to injectors

customer said "put 8 in it"

8 new injectors from Ford, and the truck ran perfectly with full power :confused:

WTMFF?

learn something new every day. talk about an ass whipping

That's sounds like excatly what's going on with my truck. I know Matt writes his tunes to where fuel is related to boost I believe. And no boost down low is no fueling down low. Which is gutless POS. I really just wish I had another 6.4 near by I could work hand in hand with. Bc like u stated. Everything passes on IDS

TXlineman83

Reaction score
IF you want to drive it up to canada and some how lose it let me know haha. I would throw the stock turbos back on and go from there. Go back to when it was working last. Or send it to a quality shop that is know for 6.4's. Sounds like bob's auto repair didn't know what they were doing. The backseat think I would of lost it on them for.

6.4's can be your best friend or your worst nightmare lol.. I ran into the same no solution issue with mine.

Drive it to canada. At 7mpg. I'd be better off shipping u it in pieces. Lol

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Think as it as a stock 6.4 towing lol.

stock power h&s tune for deleted trucks. Than get a ford dealer to monitor the injectors. Or pull injectors and send them out for testing.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

capt dong

Reaction score
there are some shops here in houston (2.5 hrs away) who might be able to help you out. pse is one in particular. the other doesnt come to this site much if at all. there might be some guys in college station as well. just putting it out there just in case you didnt know.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
there are some shops here in houston (2.5 hrs away) who might be able to help you out. pse is one in particular. the other doesnt come to this site much if at all. there might be some guys in college station as well. just putting it out there just in case you didnt know.

The problem is getting time to take it down there. In all seriousness. Oil field work consumes your life. I hardly have anytime off to take it somewhere.

gman1

Reaction score
So you put a used EBP sensor in the truck and nothing has changed? How do you know if the used sensor is any good?

TXlineman83

Reaction score
So you put a used EBP sensor in the truck and nothing has changed? How do you know if the used sensor is any good?

Well. On that note I do not know it is good. I'm just going off what I was told. That the particular sensor I was given was in good operational shape.

capt dong

Reaction score
i hear ya. one of the biggest reasons i havent done cab off work. got me a spare to truck so i can haul and tow and also to take my time but still kinda reluctant.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
i hear ya. one of the biggest reasons i havent done cab off work. got me a spare to truck so i can haul and tow and also to take my time but still kinda reluctant.

I just don't understand. The entire reason I went with JR high powers is bc it's drop in. The truck worked fine besides a blown bellow on up pipe before hand. Should work even better now. I didn't want some crazy one off custom setup that your standard powerstroke mechanic couldn't troubleshoot.

capt dong

Reaction score
pretty simple deal. bolt up the parts and it should run again. maybe things can get complicated or technical pulling the heads and messing with whole assembly which includes fuel side of things especially for someone or a shop who doesnt have much experience on it. its beyond my level of expertise though there is a youtube video on it. :D

TXlineman83

Reaction score
pretty simple deal. bolt up the parts and it should run again. maybe things can get complicated or technical pulling the heads and messing with whole assembly which includes fuel side of things. its beyond me level of expertise though there is a youtube video on it. :D

Yeah. I have noticed my truck engine seems louder then other 6.4s around me. But I've never been around another deleted 6.4. So idk.

Latest posts

Members online