Help help help codes no power please

TXlineman83

Reaction score
pagazanu.jpg

$37 dollar part. I'll know this evening if this cures my heart aches

TXlineman83

Reaction score
What about an EBP sensor. Could that have anything to do with VGT boost. I thought I once heard it controls the vanes accordingly. Anyone confirm that.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Is the vgt working? If you were to switch the cts to the highest amount of gauges possible and watch FRP, boost, back pressure, vgt % if possible? Anything else that would help to watch all at the same time guys?

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Is the vgt working? If you were to switch the cts to the highest amount of gauges possible and watch FRP, boost, back pressure, vgt % if possible? Anything else that would help to watch all at the same time guys?

My friend with the CTS is not here so I'm left with my SCT. If I unplug the VGT u can listen and watch the difference in the motor. But it build no boost on the low end like it should. I'm getting about 33 lbs boost max where I should be getting around 55 I believe

TXlineman83

Reaction score
While I'm at the dealer. I'm considering EBP sensor and tube. Along with perhaps return to stock and reflash my truck with a solid ford backbone to start fresh on. Y'all think that may help as well

dsberman94

Reaction score
When we did work on a 6.4 we had an issue with the vgt solenoid going bad somehow. No reason for it to happen but it did. What will it do in park if you give it fuel? RPMs go to where and react how? Are you able to move the vgt arm with the truck running?

TXlineman83

Reaction score
When we did work on a 6.4 we had an issue with the vgt solenoid going bad somehow. No reason for it to happen but it did. What will it do in park if you give it fuel? RPMs go to where and react how? Are you able to move the vgt arm with the truck running?

Can not move arm while truck is running. It's pretty dang tight. Hope that's how it should be. Will build no boost if I recall in park but will rev as high as u want.. Put it into drive. Stand on break and put pedal to the floor. Truck will not go over 1000rpm

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Good. Your not supposed to be able to move the vgt arm while running. Our issue was that we could move the arm with the truck running. Pretty much rules out your vgt actuator being bad.

I'll let these more experience guys help out some more. I was trying to help from my experience working on the engine but I feel this is over my head. My best suggestion is to go through your engine very methodically and look for any plugs or connections that may not be plugged in all the way, at all, or securely. If you were pushing to get it done, and I understand why you were, there's a good chance they missed something. I know we missed one plug each of 2 times we took the cab off.

Latest posts

Members online