Help with ficm tuning

white07psd

Reaction score
I have an innovative ficm tuner with my 58v quick tricks ficm. Works good but once the tune is in, its in.. Could i overwrite that tune with a php tune or would i have to get my ficm reflashed to stock?

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I'm believe you could overwrite it but I'm not sure. Shoot bill an email or call him I bet he would be more than happy to help you.

morepower02

Reaction score
So PHP does mild inductive heating also on their atlas 40?

Yes. I ran last winter with no problem cold starts as low as -20. It runs a little different then my stock ficm tune warming up in the driveway below o but it keeps running.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
So I got my FICM flasher from IDP Tuesday. Tried loading it on the truck and had some problems. Thought I finally had it after emailing and calling Eric and Alex all day. Boom no start. So I give Alex a call tell him the problem and try to tune it while I'm on the phone with him. Still doesn't start and he comes to the conclusion there is a problem with the flasher, so he puts my replacement in the mail for overnight delivery. Once I got the new flasher I plugged it up loaded the inductive heating and truck fired right up. Haven't got to drive it much but it was 38~ here this morning and I noticed the truck idled much better. So I just wanted to share the great product and great customer service I've received from Eric, Alex, and the crew up at IDP.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I wonder if something like the 58v from bpd would help with the inductive heating. Or was it with the logic side burning up

The inductive heating flashes will "buzz" the injectors to help get some of the thin oil film off. What this also did was once the spool valve was slid over into position, it kept applying power. Think about rolling your power window up and once it was in the full up position, you just kept holding the button up. That's basically what they did, but keeping power applied even though the spool valve had moved, they created some heat in there, which was supposed to help everything move easier and get that oil film off and eliminate "stiction." So, would 58V help? Maybe. The initial inductive heat flash killed FICM's with only 48V though. I'd probably be careful about what programs I was running with the 58V unit, though I haven't seen many cases of them failing recently. I'd imagine something like a 58V BPD unit this wouldn't be an issue.

So PHP does mild inductive heating also on their atlas 40?

My understanding is that ALL of their FICM tunes have mild inductive heating. I run the atlas 40 all the time and know for a fact this one starts nice in the cold.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I've ran both.... I run the php economy right now. Mine ran awesome with the atlas 40 and stock injectors.

How do you like the economy set up?

I had PHP reflash my 7.3 PCM and it ran like cr@p comparatively speaking vs the BDP tunes I had at the time.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I only run the economy FICM tune when I hook my camper up, just to keep heat down. It's better than nothing, by a long shot, but the atlas 40 seems to be the best all around.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
The difference between stock and the Atlas 40 is amazing . I still can't get over the throttle response .

florida 6.0

Reaction score
By itself is a big difference . It compares to my gas 6.0 GM work truck . Now with it and the SRL tune you can't leave hard from a stop or you'll just spin the tires .

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
nothing against Innovative, but there's no reason not to just buy the PHP tuner...

gives you the ability to change tunes to suit the occasion

I just bought another '06, and the Atlas 80 or Hercules with canned SCT tunes is night and day compared to no FICM tuning. Once I get some tunes for it, I'll back down to the 40, but I'll have the ability to do so.

This is the third truck I've used this unit on now

Super Diesel

Reaction score
nothing against Innovative, but there's no reason not to just buy the PHP tuner...

gives you the ability to change tunes to suit the occasion

I just bought another '06, and the Atlas 80 or Hercules with canned SCT tunes is night and day compared to no FICM tuning. Once I get some tunes for it, I'll back down to the 40, but I'll have the ability to do so.

This is the third truck I've used this unit on now

Nothing against anyone in (or out of) this thread, but I found it funny that the OP went with IDP after practically everyone told him they ran PHP's FICM tuning and they liked them.

Regardless, I hope IDP got the OP squared away and his truck is running good with the new FICM Flasher.

And for what it's worth, I run PHP's FICM tunes and love them.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
Hey sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. The biggest difference I heard from everyone is the ability to change tunes at will. I have that with my IDP flasher. Alex went above and beyond to get me taken care of when the first flasher was faulty. I ended up getting new tunes from them as well. The power difference on the low end is ridiculous. After dealing with them I'm sold on innovative for anything I'll ever need tuning wise.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
i have my issues w/ both companies as I have dealt w/ both.

That being said no one else seems to offer FICM tuning and if they do they are using the IDP or PHP.

That being the case, am I reading their websites correctly?
IDP tunes a single tune only and PHP offers 4 tunes?
349 vs 400 bucks?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.