Help with ficm tuning

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yeah and PHP's can flash back to stock as well. And you can even use it as a gauge if you dont already have a scanguage or CTS.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Hey sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. The biggest difference I heard from everyone is the ability to change tunes at will. I have that with my IDP flasher. Alex went above and beyond to get me taken care of when the first flasher was faulty. I ended up getting new tunes from them as well. The power difference on the low end is ridiculous. After dealing with them I'm sold on innovative for anything I'll ever need tuning wise.

Glad to hear that they got you taken care of!

Mdub707

Reaction score
Please don't take my running and recommending of PHP gryphon as a knock against IDP. IDP was the first shop to tune my truck, and I've tried a handful of others and always end up back with them. The last time I ordered a tune, through a third party, from Eric, I had it sitting in my email in less than 3 hours. Eric has always been great to me and the local shop I deal with and had they offered the ability to go back to stock when I got FICM tuning, I probably would have went with them. I just think the Gryphon unit had more to offer (and may still at this point as well). I bought my gryphon second hand for $300, so I couldn't pass that up.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but anybody have a slight lope at start up with IDP performance ficm tune? My buddy purchased a IDP ficm flasher and came in yesterday detuned the truck to stock. Pulled the ficm relay programed it with the performance ficm tune put the ficm relay back in retuned the truck with GH SRL+. It lopes for about a second then returns to normal and runs fine. It does it hot or cold FICM 48-49 volts KOEO and starting KOER ICP and IPR DC is normal.

Mdub707

Reaction score
How old was the tuner, or is it new? Was it purchased second hand? Some of the earlier performance tunes didn't have the inductive heating in them....

Latest posts

Members online