Help with oil analysis results...what's goin' on?!

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up Ronin!

I use Ramatek just because they are local but I will probably send the odd sample into Blackstone still for their opinion and a little more in depth analysis.

Fumoto valve was on my list but if I need a new motor I don't know if I will go back to another 6.4 or change it up again :( One more oil sample and we will see I guess.

Ronin

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up Ronin!

I use Ramatek just because they are local but I will probably send the odd sample into Blackstone still for their opinion and a little more in depth analysis.

Fumoto valve was on my list but if I need a new motor I don't know if I will go back to another 6.4 or change it up again :( One more oil sample and we will see I guess.

You're welcome and the very best of luck to you...

It's still my opinion that the 6.4 is the best bang for the buck when it comes to tuning and longetivity. The tranny is stout and headstuds really aren't a necessity until you start getting serious, i.e.; beyond the intake/tune/exhaust (bolt ons). You simply can't do that with a Dodge or Chevy/GMC. I chalk up what happened to me as an "oh sh!te" out of the numerous "atta boys" we have here; it sucks, but whatever.

That's why there's no way I'd be screaming the sky is falling or 6.4s are junk, which is what most people do when things go sideways for them. Look at how many people are running nearly 300HP RWHP over stock tunes and beating the ever living crap outta their trucks on a daily basis and on the weekends at the track and the pulls and they're good to go. That says a lot about the 6.4, my truck was just the unfortunate exception to the well established rule...

cory151

Reaction score
You're welcome and the very best of luck to you...

It's still my opinion that the 6.4 is the best bang for the buck when it comes to tuning and longetivity. The tranny is stout and headstuds really aren't a necessity until you start getting serious, i.e.; beyond the intake/tune/exhaust (bolt ons). You simply can't do that with a Dodge or Chevy/GMC. I chalk up what happened to me as an "oh sh!te" out of the numerous "atta boys" we have here; it sucks, but whatever.

That's why there's no way I'd be screaming the sky is falling or 6.4s are junk, which is what most people do when things go sideways for them. Look at how many people are running nearly 300HP RWHP over stock tunes and beating the ever living crap outta their trucks on a daily basis and on the weekends at the track and the pulls and they're good to go. That says a lot about the 6.4, my truck was just the unfortunate exception to the well established rule...
Very well said.

Latest posts

Members online