Honey badger Jr installed...

thuglike

Reaction score
Where did it say he was maintaining 3k I must have missed it.

The 3k I used is just an example.

Even if it was 2k..you do agree if the dc lowers the pump switch was beneficial....not necessary depending on where the original dc was....but beneficial none the less.

thuglike

Reaction score
What is too much hpo? 3400?

So many answers here....I had my fastest ET when my tuning called for 3100psi. I made the most power on the dyno when it called for 3400 psi.

I am not a fan of extreme ICP but a buddy up here was running in excess of 4000 psi with no issues. I don't see the need to call for anything over 3200..ever.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok. I knew people used to say anything over 3600 was baf or.counterproductive.

I see mine occasionally get well into 3400 and once during a wot run i watched it stay at 3600 winding out 3rd gear.

PS-ill call you when I get a chance to get some tuning ordered for these PIS 250's. I havent forgotten Jason.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If your tuning calls for 3000 psi..how would a pump change raise that. The only thing that will change is the DC. A healthier pump won't work as hard to maintain what is called for in your tuning.

This is the exact reason that I was hoping to do a comparison between my adrenaline and the jr. Just to see exactly how much difference there is. Im not 100% sure what the tuning calls for in my hottest tune but it will maintain 3000psi at 60-62% dc. With all thats said about the jr running a set of 300/200s, and I read a post from bean saying it was, I think, holding 2800psi at 55% dc. Im pretty sure it would drop the dc way down on mine and possibly gain psi unless the tuning isnt calling for anymore.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I can find out what pressure your tunes are calling for.

Appreciate it but im not gonna put the jr on. Im gonna do the sr upgrade when I go to larger injectors. Although I could run it this summer. My plans are not going like I had hopped And I may not be able to upgrade to a 2.6 setup like I wanted. I guess if you could go ahead and find out for me. I may just do what I said after all.

live life full throttle

thuglike

Reaction score
So many answers here....I had my fastest ET when my tuning called for 3100psi. I made the most power on the dyno when it called for 3400 psi.

I am not a fan of extreme ICP but a buddy up here was running in excess of 4000 psi with no issues. I don't see the need to call for anything over 3200..ever.

Let me expand on this as I look at old slips...

I lost a full MPH and 2 tenths with tuning caling for 3400.

I ran twin termies... btw.

did 111.85 with 3100 psi...dyno'd 689/1086
did 110.78 with 3400 psi...dyno'd 706/1289 (can't remember the exact trq number)

thuglike

Reaction score
Just to give full disclosure:

266 pumps sold we have had 3 reports of problems.

2 were leaking from the rear cover due to an o-ring failure (we were using stock ones, we now use viton high temp o rings.)

1 was leaking at the fitting due to a bad tap.

All 3 were replaced at no cost to the customer

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just to give full disclosure:

266 pumps sold we have had 3 reports of problems.

2 were leaking from the rear cover due to an o-ring failure (we were using stock ones, we now use viton high temp o rings.)

1 was leaking at the fitting due to a bad tap.

All 3 were replaced at no cost to the customer

thats just horribleLOLLOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
Jake, you dick.

Yea, its so terrible Im wondering if I should buy one.

smoker00

Reaction score
Cant what to see how the sr. dose.

I would think about going back to a single if it would hang with some big fast B's..

Let us know...:ford:

Tom S

Reaction score
Is there a data log out there with this pump on a hotter tune but a stock injector split shot truck? How many miles have been put on one in durability testing? A friend is thinking about getting away from a stock pump to get a little more ICP.

thuglike

Reaction score
Tom,

Jonathan is trying to find time to post up a bunch of stuff..but he is under a mountain of pump and tuning orders....he is going to try to get them to me this week and I will post away.

David N

Reaction score
So... I want a straight forward answer.

Will it hold pressure with 250/200's? I mean, hold pressure, at 3000 psi?

I still have yet to see any factual evidence.

I will gladly take one and test it for you. If it holds pressure like claimed, Ill buy it.

I will datalog it and test it. Then there will be no more bs. And people will "know" what they are buying.

thuglike

Reaction score
Is there a data log out there with this pump on a hotter tune but a stock injector split shot truck? How many miles have been put on one in durability testing? A friend is thinking about getting away from a stock pump to get a little more ICP.

We had/have 3 beta testers.

1 stock injectored.....has over 30k on it (truck now as a set of full force injectors..I forgot what size 175's I think)

1 truck with a set of 238/100's....has close to 18 k on it

Jonathan's drag racing / dd truck with 300/200's...60 passes in the 1/8th another 20-30 in the 1/4 mile and 10k of driving to and from work and events.

thuglike

Reaction score

I will gladly take one and test it for you. If it holds pressure like claimed, Ill buy it.

I will datalog it and test it. Then there will be no more bs. And people will "know" what they are buying.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough...............

I will ask Jonathan if he has any logs with 250/200's..If so I will gladly post it up for you.

I will post up what I can get from Jonathan.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
near as i can tell and i am sure there is a trick here and there but the jr is a stock pump with ball bearings. maybe just by switching to ball bearings it helps maintain pressure better?
Tom,

Jonathan is trying to find time to post up a bunch of stuff..but he is under a mountain of pump and tuning orders....he is going to try to get them to me this week and I will post away.

I will datalog it and test it. Then there will be no more bs. And people will "know" what they are buying.

see above quote..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.